Window

To try and get some messages across to people that pass our shop, we have just done a new window display, with *Huge* posters, almost filling the whole of one of our windows.

Will be interesting over the next few weeks, to see if any sort of messages gets across  ??)

• 1 year later...

Had an idea to get the message over to consumers using digital photography, i am going to put on display (in our small but much looked in window display) an old photo album (victorian type easily found for a few quid on e-bay) with a few modern prints changed to sepia/black and white etc that if they don't print any pics, will there relatives have any pictures like this to look at in generations to come if they don;t get them printed. I think this will catch their attention when they are not necessarily aware of the fact that if they do not print their precious photos, they may not be seen by grandsons/daughters etc in the future. The idea is to get them printing!, and hopefully in the lab!!!!.  Anyone tried anything like this before? i was hoping this might bring more attention to people wanting albums, another plan i have.......

Doh, well think it will be worth a shot, as seeing on the telly is not the whole market. What gave me the idea was that i recently went for a quick pint (mmmbeer) after work to meet a friend in another town, only to see one of my customers that had been in that day to do some prints sitting next to us on another table, showing her photos to her daughter and 2 grandaughters. People still like to see and hold prints as well as those that want mess around with dvd's and watch telly, even more than they already do!!

Ok intersting!, did a small display this morning, not a finished album but a few pages made to look old with a mix of sepia and b+w pictures, modern pictures made to look older to give the impression of images taken now in 50+ years time mounted. I replaced 1 photo with a card where a photo should be, mentioning that cd's and hard-drives are not a long-term storage solution, but that pictures are. After all how many print-from-print jobs do you get?, If like us and others on this site you get many then this makes a good point. Anyway, we have had a lot of interest in this so far, so for day 1 not bad, should help our album biz!!

Update!,

i'm shocked at how much interest we have had!, people are leaving names and numbers (mainly women, and not for that reason Tony!) for when we get moving on the album idea i was looking into (see thread "making photo albums"). Also our digi print business has been up this week, coincidence??. I would say at least 1 in 5 glance in our window whilst walking past, anyway i'll post more when i have time!!!