Free prints

;)Neil's piccy of his window inspired me to copy his poster ref printing real photographs from digital. (thanks Neil  ;D)

Now, I've had a few more enquiries than usual but sometimes just talking about costs, sizes, quantity etc doesn't always get the message across. So what I'm going to do is devise another poster this afternoon offering to print 4 digi photos free of charge for those who haven't tried this way of printing digi prints so they can see what they are getting. In a sense their own photos should sell the concept to them.

I'll let you all know how I get on- has anyone else tried this?

Tony  8)

Although we have never advertised "free prints" it is something that we do on a very regular basis, as once a customer, has "real photos" in there hands, and see's the quality that we can produce, for the vast majority, they are converted.

Good move Tony, as ever keep us up-to date with how it goes for you. Oh, the window poster that we did, is working for us, with a number of brand new customers this week. But on the whole, it has still been a quite week :(

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys

I'm trying 25 free digital prints with any new camera, and we are selectively giving out 10 free digital prints. This all for our order online service only. Not that it really matters we just want to get people introduced to the idea. One customer brought in 600 4x6 on a CD I gave her the promo for 25 free prints as a courtesy, then returned 4 days later for the new Canon DSLR and lenses. This promo is kinda neat they type in a one time code on checkout for the free prints. We started this a week ago and have given out 15 promos, but oddly enough not one has signed up or used it yet????

I still think people may find it a chore

Peter

Great is you have a minilab, and sell cameras to do a freebie, we all love a freebie. But, doing it on-line as a way to try and tempt customers to sign up, well, in my honest opinion, this would be a no, no. Maybe some kind of a promo would be better, say order 50 on-line prints but pay for 40, or what ever. Doing the free prints, on-line killed most of the early birds doing such a thing.. Just MHO :)

We do the free prints with a camera purchase. Simply to introduce the customer to our services and hopefully stop them venturing down the home printing route or to our competitors. I personally think the freeby with nothing attached to it tends to attract the wrong type of customer Ie the ones who want something for nothing and will then move on to the next place offering a deal.