Canvas Wraps Tutorial

Thanks for that Neil- I've got a roll of canvas on it's way, all I need now is to source the framework.

Do you find that the varnish shrinks the canvas to make it tight?

The reason I ask is that I used to make model planes, the wings were covered in fabric or heavy tissue, then painted with 'dope'. When it dried it caused the covering to shrink which made it as tight as a drum. That would be good for these canvas wraps.

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I am at the same stage as you, just ordering some camvas etc.  These people were at a trade show [sign UK] earlier this month, made it all look easy.  They sell the frame, their own canvas, varish, pliers etc etc.

http://www.russellandchapple.co.uk/artists%27%20materials/canvas_stretching.asp?area=Artists%27%20Materials&group=Canvas%20Stretching

Neil, funny to see a reference to Stockport, even though i am in wiltshire, all my family are based in Stockport!, very small world. My uncle is friendly with many Man u players, giggs etc, but being city myself, might have to bribe you on this one!!!!

pm, keep in touch!!

• 2 weeks later...