out of date inks

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Have bought a number of epson cartridges which are out of date. Any of you had problems with slightly dated cartridges?

Would like to buy fresh new every time but must save on costs.

regards

I tried to use an out of date ink before for my my kodak printer. It didn't cause any printer malfunction. My printer got broken when I used a cheap ink for it! i bought it from a refiller..errrr.

Work out the cost of the out of date cartridge, and look at how much ink is used in a photo.

Is it really worth the worry to save a few cents  of ink on each photo?

Personally, I would not use one - I just do not want any possible hassle to stuff up my production and cause me problems.

If I have an issue with a cartridge from my supplier, I call them and they replace it - no questions asked, and if it causes a problem with my printer - they fix that too.

It has only happenned once, and it cost them about $800 to sort the issue and it was fixed in about 4 hours.

I would never use out of date or refilled inks in my printer. Simple as that.

I just cannnot afford the interuption to my production or the downtime.

I tried to use an out of date ink before for my my kodak printer. It didn't cause any printer malfunction. My printer got broken when I used a cheap ink for it! i bought it from a refiller..errrr.

i doubt it.. there are lots of good cheap ink sold over the internet now. You just have to pick a reputable one. i'd rather use a cheap refilled ink than an outdated one..

I often use out of date inks (pigment) in my epson wide format with no problems, I would never and have never used "compatibles" or "refilled" inks in it due to the problems they can cause either the printer or colouring on the end product. I work in a print shop and if I had a pound for every horror story I have heard from customers regarding compatibles I would be a rich man!.

• 2 weeks later...