Epson 7880 ink cartridge

LJ

• 3 months later...

We have had two cartridges stop working at 90% and 30%.  We phoned epson and even though they are in date they said they had been puchased more than 3 months age and they wouldn't change them. When we said what happens if you buy a spare set, they said don't, we don't recommend it or if they ar faulty when you first put them in we won't replace them. PRETTY RUBBISH WHEN THE CARTRIDGES ARE £70+ POUNDS. Not very impressed with the service

We had a firmware update which improved our ink usage, - I weighed before and after, and we were getting about 218grams out, assuming ink is similar density to water then this is ok, - even though there is still a good slop left in the cartridge.

I tried experimenting with chip resetters, didn't work, and got worried about air in my lines so just accepted a little left over, - the magenta made the local fountain a lovely colour !

P

Jilly, DONT THROW THEM AWAY !

Buy the refillable cartridges & Inks from InkJetMall.  Same ink formulation / gamut / icc profile as the Epson inks -- read: SAME AS EPSON.

Swap out cartridges as they empty, but for each cartridge/color, swap the IC chips with the Epson chips (or not), reset them, take apart the Epson cartridge and pour the remainder into the Refillable cartridge.  Voila!  Printer thinks the cartridge is Full, Genuine, etc.

Don't recommend this for all other ink vendors, but the guy from InkJetMall is a veteran with inks.  They'll even make you a custom ICC profile of a paper or two if you ask nicely and provide sample.

We did this back in October last year, and haven't had any issues.  And their bulk ink is great and much cheaper than Epsons, and the only reason we switched from Epson, is because we got high recommendations from experienced veterans that were using the product. --

Sorry if this reads like an advert... I'm just very pleased with the results.

If you're still using the Epson 7880 inks, and you have "Empty" cartridges, I'll take them !!

• 1 year later...
Jilly, DONT THROW THEM AWAY !

Buy the refillable cartridges & Inks from InkJetMall.  Same ink formulation / gamut / icc profile as the Epson inks -- read: SAME AS EPSON.

Swap out cartridges as they empty, but for each cartridge/color, swap the IC chips with the Epson chips (or not), reset them, take apart the Epson cartridge and pour the remainder into the Refillable cartridge.  Voila!  Printer thinks the cartridge is Full, Genuine, etc.

Don't recommend this for all other ink vendors, but the guy from InkJetMall is a veteran with inks.  They'll even make you a custom ICC profile of a paper or two if you ask nicely and provide sample.

We did this back in October last year, and haven't had any issues.  And their bulk ink is great and much cheaper than Epsons, and the only reason we switched from Epson, is because we got high recommendations from experienced veterans that were using the product. --

Sorry if this reads like an advert... I'm just very pleased with the results.

If you're still using the Epson 7880 inks, and you have "Empty" cartridges, I'll take them !!

what's the icc profile for? does it have something to do with the ink tone or the color output of the ink used?

• 3 months later...