Vinyl printing on epson wide format printer

Denis

Paper & Canvas do the Breathing Colour range.

http://www.breathingcoloruk.com/bc/catalog/index.php?cPath=500

Most "proper" sign writers will use solvent based inks on larger machines, these are cheaper to run and the material is cheaper in the bigger sizes.  But it is a good addition if you already have an Epson printer.  You use the same inks, just print on a different roll of material.

Yes indeed , Vinyl.

I have used several of the Breathing colour range of media, and would recommend it.

The vinyl takes ink well, is loverly in a 6'x2' banner. I only have 24" printer, wanna play with a 48" !!

Sorry. We do A 6'x2' vinyl banner with 6 rivets (for fixing).

We had 20 around the county earlier in the year, up for a fortnight only, but not one ripped.

And it makes a very pleasent change to work with.

And you can use the auto cut. I have some self adhesive work to do soon , but probably will be using Epson.

I must get some film , I LOVE transparancies .

Hi Nick, I think they call it 'vitality', and is very rip/tear resistant. I riveted two offcuts together, and it took two of us all our time to get it appart.

They do various thicknesses/finishes/material, which do not seem to be on their website, but they seem loverly people and are very helpfull on the 'phone.  They did point out to me that the material I was using was a little extreme for the job (only hanging for a fortnight), but we can get quite gusty down here, so I stuck with my first choice.

There poster paper is worth looking at as well, around

It is a device used to re-size roll material. the one I used was capable of slitting 8' rolls into individual rolls of varying sizes.

If my memory serves me correctly, the smallest width was 11/2". To slit a 48" roll of inkjet media would take around 4mins to setup, and only 90secs to slit.

If they weren't so expensive it would be worthwhile.

well, you do have to be a little carefull with the Fuji self-adhesive when printing. I guesse it's humidity, but unless you are very carefull the leading edge will curl and foul up on the guides. agravating, but easily solved with a couple of gash prints and sellotape (just don't forget to remove them after the leading edge has passed the guides).

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions about this self adhesive vinyl that you guys have been discussing.

How aggressive is the adhesive?, Am I in risk of removing the glass from the window if I peel this vinyl off?

Has anyone let the window washer go over it on a weekly bases, does the ink run?

Thanks guys, I am fed up with signwrtiters that can't spill. lol

Hi Premco, the Fuji I mentioned previously feels totaly inadequate in the 'sticky' department, but it does seem to stick to the glass well. I have fitted two shop windows with full length and height promo banners, and the traders have not reported any problems (they are a tight fisted lot down here, if there was a problem, I would know in short order). As for the ink running/fading, if you are using cromakey (genuine epson) you will not have a problem. If you use other ink, you will have to experiment.