Pricing for POS posters?

Denis

Good Afternoon everybody. Hope you all had a good christmas and are looking forward to the new year with whatever it brings for our trade.

I am looking to utilise my 24 inch wide format printer for more than posters and canvas's and as there a  lot of independant shops in my town thought that I would offer POS posters. I have no idea how to price up the work though. Is there anyone out there who is doing this already and could give me some idea of how they price the work that they do.

A1 - A2, and bespoke sizes.

Thanks

Denis

I know i'm a noob but i've had quite a few years of working experience as freelance a graphic artist for a number of small print operations. Your product would have to be price dependant on few factors. You would have to consider the following for instance.

1. What type of media are you going to use? e.g. paper/vinyl/both?

2. What is the average cost price of the media and ink per square inch?

3. Do you have an established profit margin on products you currently sell?

4. Does the customer have their own finished image or will you have to spend time creating it for them?

So no definitive pricing from me, but then i was never the seller of the final product. These are the sort of questions you should consider to help you establish a pricing system though. Hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,

Grover! I will be printing single weight poster paper and perhaps in the future vinyl.

Will be printing bespoke.So pricing will reflect this. I assume all potentail customers will require artwork.

How would you work out an average ink usage (Photos arn't the same as P.O.S posters in block colour)?

I assume I will need to charge per square inch, plus extra for more than 20% colour,50% colour and Full Colour.

Extras will include Poster bars, clips,suckers etc

Thanks

Denis