EPSON 7880 network installation

Christina Rose

hi,

i would like to know how to install Epson 7880 as a network pinter. i tried to install, but thru epson netconfig couldnt configure the printer. its not detecting the printer over network. i given all the IP, SM, DG ,change INERFACE to network and enable network option. but still not working. any idea about this appreciable. printer working well with direct USB cable.

regards..

You need to setup a print server, use LPD, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now.

Go to the epson site and search for network printer setup for the 7880, and it'll direct you to the 11880 PDF docs that has better setup info than the manual for the 7880.  We played with it for an hour, but gave up since customers kept coming in. We've been meaning to call epson tech suppt, but haven't gotten around to it yet as it's not that big of an issue for us.  Good luck and let us all know how you did it.

Dave

anyhow i cant gave up..because customer need the printer as a network printer. like you i spent hours and nope. so meanwhile i connect thru USB and its working. i will update you once i connect thru network. i guess its silly thing. Epson manual nothing says about network printer installtion. anyhow i believe its possible.

If it is the same as an Epson 7600 there is a little black button next to where the network cable plugs in to, if you press this it will print out the IP address it is currently set to.

Then all you do is enter the IP address into your browser, a settings screen will appear to allow you to change the settings for the printer.

You may have to change the IP address on your computer to the same range as the printer in order to communicate with it.

For example Printer IP address is 192.168.2.90

Your computer IP address is 192.168.0.10

In the above example you would need to change your computer IP address (temporally) to 192.168.2.91 to communicate with the printer.

You can then change the printer IP address to whatever you want. In this example something like 192.168.0.11, then change your computer IP address back to what it was (192.168.0.10).

hi,

thanks for the reply. there is no such button in 7880 near network port.

i am using windows network. ip range of the entire network is 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.20. total 10 computers. subnet mask is 255.255.255.224 and default gateway is 0.0.0.0

i change in printer- menu- network option- IP address- 192.168.1.21 and subnet 255.255.255.224. also put DG is 0.0.0.0.also i select printer interface to network and enable network option. even though i cant ping to printer ip 192.168.1.21 from other pc's.

it shows host unreachable. i dont know why? cable is OK. because cable  connected with another pc and can access other networked PC's..

regards..

baijunj,

OK, after 15 minutes with Epson Tech, here's how to setup your network printer....

Use EpsonNet to find out what IP address the printer is using.

Then insert and install the epson printer drivers from the CD. -- make sure to disconnect the USB cable.

when it finishes installing the drivers, it'll ask to install the printer, select MANUAL.

when the next page comes up, just select LPT1:

Let the rest of the install finish and close the Epson CD installer.

Then start Printers & Faxes and right click the new 7880 printer and select properties

Select Ports tab, and Add Port - select Standard TCP/IP port, enter in IP address the printer is using.

select apply. close the properties dialog box, and re-open it.

Now click the print test page.   That's it !

now just do this on every single computer you're going to be printing from.

Also, one other step we did was to set the allowed IP address that can print using EpsonNet -> Configure -> Access Control -> Printing Control and set the range of IP addresses that our PC's are using.

HTH,

Dave

We got a 7880 on network, but we only needed to hook it up, insert the CD, select "Easy Install as network printer" (or something like that) and it discovered the printer, push next it installed drivers and it was ready. We use automatic IP (DHCP) in combination with some static like kiosk, lab and photoshop pc, the printer is on dhcp mode.

Hi All,

Thank you all very much for the help. finally it starts printing from network. may be some settings were wrong that i did or due to unknown cause... again re configure printer netwrok settings, change network card in PC and put new cable to make sure everything else perfect. then it works.

once again thanks alot and cheers

Baiju.