Epson 7600 - Pages Won't Rotate

Britsmith

I have an Epson 7600, and am driving it with a Mac Powerbook G4 with OS 10.3.9 running Acrobat Pro 6, with the latest Epson driver installed.

I have pages to print with are just under 24 inches high and about 17 ins wide, so should fit sideways on the media. However, no matter how I adjust page sizes, margins, orientation or other controls in either Page Setup or the Print dialogue, the pages insist on printing lengthways, thus wasting valuable media (self-adhesive vinyl in this instance).  :'(

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to make my pages print sideways?

Thanks in anticipation!

Britsmith

I'm using a 7800 with epsons own printing SW. To print 2 12x18" prints, I usually create a 24 x 18" canvas in Photoshop, rotate the images (if needed), then drag them into the new canvas as new layers. I have the printer set up to print a 24" wide with an 18" advance, and away we go. Hope this helps.

Obviously the 7800 is more obedient, as it seems you get the 24" dimension to print across the 24" paper. What happens with mine is that the 24" would print lengthways, with the 18" acrossways, leaving 6" waste paper. Regardless of how I orientate the image or the page the printer turns it and prints such a page lengthways. Maybe it's an Acrobat issue though, so next time I'll try rasterising the job in PhotoShop, although that's not ideal for my type of work.

Running a 7600 with Mac G4 (2001 Vintage) on 10.3.9 and from Photoshop there is no problem printing 24" wide, would think Acrobat is the same.

Make sure you don't use the standard page presets as these are set to print as you describe.  Create a custom page when going to page setup.  Make the width 24" and the hight 18".  Save the changes.  Then back to page setup select the new page made and use the page orientation to select landscape to get your page to fit the page created.  The preview should then confirm evevything is OK.

Have you set the 7600 for borderless printing so you only have to trim 2 edges??

Create a custom page when going to page setup.  Make the width 24" and the hight 18".  Save the changes.  Then back to page setup select the new page made and use the page orientation to select landscape to get your page to fit the page created.  The preview should then confirm evevything is OK.

Have you set the 7600 for borderless printing so you only have to trim 2 edges??

I did all that - several times, with different page sizes. However, I haven't seen any place where I can set the 7600 for borderless printing (other than setting all margins to zero), so where do I find that? It could be the answer.

The way Borderless is set up is when you add printer with the Printer Setup Utillity, there are different Epson drivers for this.  After doing this you will see two Epson 7600 in your list of printers.

Have you tried setting a page up 20"x18" for example to see if this prints across the media.  If this works then it will be to do with 24" being being too long a measurement.  As 600mm is approx 23.5 inches