Epson 9600

dombcl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've had the 9600 for just 3 weeks now and I'm amazed at the amount of work we've done on it. I haven't been in the dark room in that time, which is always a relief, although I think the staff would like to lock me in there sometimes.

I'm hoping someone will read this at the weekend and maybe help if possible, I have a Fujihunt rip which allows tiling of images, I have an image as a PDF file that needs tobe printed at 5meters X 2 meters, yes that's right pretty big! So my client wants it printed in 5 sections 1 meter wide by 2 meters lenght, does any body have any idea how I can do this, if so I'd really appreciate your help! >:(

Many thanks

Dom

Just a quick post to let you all know that we got the print sorted.  Thanks to Neil for his help,  We used a facility on the RIP that allows for tiling, the print is brilliant and at the size of 5mtrs X 2mtrs there is no loss of quality.

As I've said before Ive only had the machine 3 weeks, used 1 set of inks printed over 30 photo enlargements and made some good money! which is the main reason for investing in the technology.

For anybody thinking of going down this route (large format printing) get to it(but not in Bolton please!)

Neils help in sorting this problem is what this site is all about, if you have a problem pose the question, someone out here will be able to help.

Thanks again.

Dominic ;D

Thanks for the post.. the big issue, is that you got the job done :) this is what it all about.. As you say, this forum is a self help group, and for my self to be able to help, well that is nothing.. it is up to forum members to help each other through the testing times that we are faced with.

dombcl, so good that you are getting results with the new kit :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

I've gone the Fuji Hunt route, printer and rip package (rip good for making best use of paper) if I'm wrong someone will tell us.

There service is very good, only had the 9600 a month and the bigest print we've done has been a 5m X 2m panel for an exhibition (5 one meter panels) wonderful quality from a 2 mb acrobat file.

If I can be of further help don't hesitate to contact me.

Dom

Thanks Dom,

i appreciate your help. I definitely like the look of the 9600, only problem is that one customer who has a lot of this type of work has asked if there is a similar printer that can print 4 foot wide prints, obviously the 44" 9600 is too small. Does anyone think that epson are likely to bring out a newer range soon, according to an american site there is supposed to be a replacement coming soon for the 9600. Any ideas ??

thanks Andy

Done my research!, turns out the 9800 is the same width but has a third black ink, This is said to make the most improvment on black and white prints, although there is some improvement on colour too. Out in september, so may just wait.

Good to hear you are doing well Dom, makes me even more confident, thanks for all your help,

Andy

Three black inks, are they all on stream at the same time?  We have a 7600 which uses two blacks from a possible three, but only two can be loaded at a time, meaning to change you have to flush/clean the black before changing.  Not ideal and a waste of ink. [As such I have never bother to buy paper that need Matt Black] The smaller A2 printer that uses the same inks has 8 loaded at once and just use the correct black according to the print driver etc.  So hopefully the new printer will have 9 inks loaded?  Or ask Neil about Lyson who just use 7 for all materials???