Christmas Ideas - Anything New?

kioskguy

Still having good sales of digital photo frames although cameras have slowed right down. Lots of enquiry for bulk scanning and DVDs so it looks like these might be a gift line. We are promoting print and gift vouchers as our point of difference.

We are quietly confident of a good Christmas this year. People already out spending early in our town and neighbouring retailers think it will be better than the papers suggest.

I like the idea of wrapping paper but don't think our customers would part with what it is really worth.

Luckily our machine is busy doing canvases and I think this will be the big winner this year. I went down to look at the new Westfield in London yesterday and saw a shop that was completely dedicated to this. Amazed me they could exist off such a narrow product range but also had me thinking that traditional photo stores are missing the boat if we don't look at marketing like these companies.

If anyone wants to get more out of this category I do reccomend checking it out. Seems they have outlets in many of the Malls around the country.

Hello Nash, We just had this newsletter through with information on the photoblocks http://www.firstretail.co.nz/november.htm and a picture. Ours look similar although we find that black is the most popular colour.

Digital frames are a tough one. Everyone now wants the bigger ones but get a shock if you tell them the price. We don't stock the large ones and won't stock up as many of the smaller ones as we did last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Our StudioAlbums and PhotoBooks are brand new and are perfect for photographers, photo studios and photo shops and agencies. With just a few steps a stack of pictures becomes a wonderful photo album. Offer professional photobooks to your clients with 32 prints or 16 doublepages in formats 4x6", 5x7", 8x8" or 8x10".

http://www.clixxpixx.com/page/index.php?d=main/clixxpixx/studioalbums