Film Amnesity Promo

Liz

Hi All.  Film to us is so dead it is actually smelly.  An operator in Down-Down-Under has come up with a great idea, called "Film Amnesty".  This Kodak Express Store has played on people's guilt about all the old films they have locked away in their possession, and the customers have have really rallied to his call.  He's doing upwards of 70 rolls per day.

Credit goes to Perfect Prints in Hobart.  I'm only posting this because it has been shared pretty well all over Oz, so hopefully the ethical police won't jump on me.

We starting this promo this month through to Nov because we think people have a psychological need to clear out the old year before the New Year starts.

I've attached the promo post but I can't be sure of the readable resolution.  So contact me if this is unreadable.

Yup.  So they say.  Also been picked up in city of Davenport which is at the top of Tasmania.  They're citing 55 rolls one day and another store with similar results.  Not sure if it has been done on the mainland.  Mr Noritsu would probably know.  U there, Mr. Noritsu?

It was the window display that caught my eye.  Have been saving my empty cartridges for a couple of months now so that I can hang a bag like that off my display.  Gotta get the display right! Ppppht, says hubbie, you're such a girl :)

One day this week we did 35 rolls, on Friday we did zero (which was a first) but had a huge day in sales. With these variances it's a tough decision to make but I think there is some life left in film. The only challenge is to keep the machine stable.

A certainty is that we are not selling much film these days - which suggests we're going to have to exist on what is out there now.