In-store Studios

fujilab

We are looking at new products or services we could add to our lab to increase sales. Studios seem to be popping up in other stores (I see Snappy Snaps have created their own brand and new sites) and we thought that could work for us too. We have some basement space and some first floor area that would be ideal for a small studio. Has anyone got into this market that could give us some ideas etc?

Best in a separate site as punters won't pay serious money if they are having portraits taken in the back of a minilab. I believe that's the reasoning behind others keeping the studios separate frolm the labs. I would suggest concentrating on passports and business photos as there is lots of opportunity there.

Here in nort most of minilabs have studio in shop. We take wedding ect photos and this is great for us main business. We dont leave us shop so "BIG" studios take photos on field. Most of then use us service to make photos.

Us studio does some 30% of us turnover.  8)

If you have the room and the skill to use a studio, IMHO you are wasting an oportunity to provide an extra (very profitable) service to your existing clients if you do not. I have also found that it brings work to the lab, which otherwise may have gone to Tesco etc. (The number of clients who say 'ohh, you can do that!?)

The organisation can be problematical (several reps. who know will be chuckling), but as Rowe has pointed out, that extra income can be a sizable chunk of total revenue.

How many studios can offer dedicated printing staff and machinery?