Which way?

snpysnps

The time has come for us to re-sign our franchise agreement and I am pondering my options as to which way we should go. We've had a good relationship with the Franchisor for many years but the market is changing so rapidly both the cost and ongoing benefit is questionable going forward.

The group we belong to is very large, but recently there have been lots of people opting out of the system due to leases coming to an end, financial difficulties or just the extra costs in being within a franchise. Unfortuinately most of the 'exits' have not been voluntary but most forced upon them due to circumstances. It's sad because these people have become great friends over the years we've been involved.

It doesn't seem that we'll be missing any extra special buying privilidges not being a part but what I would miss are the marketing campaigns that have come through often. They have helped us lots. How are the promotions for other groups like Fuji and Kodak working for people? Are there any independant groups running successful promotions anyone knows about?

Any advice from people who have been ex franchisees would also be appreciated  :-/

The way things are now I wouldn't want to be paying any franchise fee or royalties. Whatever that's left each day is better in your pocket than someone elses.

I heard the other day that there are some programmes available that you can use to make your own promotions. Some of the Fuji Image dealers are using them rather than their own. I'll find out where they are coming from as we would like to do ours in-house.

• 3 weeks later...

The company making the promo kits is www.firstretail.co.nz You get a folder with campaigns, graphic files, press releases and lots of other components to run promotions for 12 months. They are very effective and we're getting a good response from customers. Worth checking out.

Have contacted them and ordered directly. We are expecting to get our kit early next week. The program includes photobook modules so I was wondering if anyone knows who supplies Unibind equipment and folders as well as plain backed 8" lustre paper? I had a look through PhotoMarts site but couldn't see these products. We are keen to get this moving before summer begins!!!!

Have contacted them and ordered directly. We are expecting to get our kit early next week. The program includes photobook modules so I was wondering if anyone knows who supplies Unibind equipment and folders as well as plain backed 8" lustre paper? I had a look through PhotoMarts site but couldn't see these products. We are keen to get this moving before summer begins!!!!

OK-

unibind folders and binders. get from A&O imaging (ex AGFA photo) They have some good deals.

Plain backed paper- kodak do it. I get mine from Tetenal.

A&O  0845 6066084

tetenal  0870 460 8996

Tony

We use, mainly, black A4. A&O where doing them with an aperture in front which our customers really like. According to them (and unibind) this is the best seller. To be honest I wouldn't offer any choice, stick with these.

I'm going to start a new thread about first retail. Perhaps you could reply to it when you've had a chance to review your pack.

rgds

Tony

Thnaks Tony, Covers have arrived and we have now made some sample books for display. Very pleased with the results so thanks for the tips etc. As for the marketing kit, we have just started off with our first promotion and it does look good. There is lots to get your head around because there are so many parts but I think it is just what we have needed and has much more content than anything I've ever seen from Kodak or Fuji.