Epson 7600,Gallerie RIP, & New Profiles

neilash

I have an Epson 7600 24" printer, and i am having difiiculty importing new profiles for the new materials coming onto the market, into the Gallerie Premium RIP.  Iflord tells me this RIP (made by ONYX PosterShop 5.61) will only import a limited number of their profiles.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Also does anyone use this RIP and know in which folder ONYX stores the profiles.

If i want to try the new materials brought out by other manufacturers, can anyone advise me if this is possible and how? i.e. printing large format prints directly via photoshop CS2 bearing in mind , how to incorporate the scanner, monitor and media profiles.

neilash

I would try and contact the software writers, Neilash. I use the Fuji rip, which is apparently cumbersome (not having used another I couldn't realy comment), but is very easy to add profiles too. The Fuji software overwrites (if you tick the correct box) out of date profiles, and you can go in and delete unused profiles. I should imagine that the ONYX software would be similar, try them for support.

Unless there are any users of ONYX in the forum?

try this;  www.onyxgfx.com/fileupdate.pl?cmd=list&category=5.61

or this ;        Art Systems Ltd

Nottingham,

UK           0870 2243612

www.artsystems.co.uk

i contacted ONYX and they said because it is now an old RIP (6 years)  they do not support it any more. So i am stuck really.  i avoid extra costs, i was wondering if i could print directly from photoshop ?  Would i be able to  incorporate the scanner, monitor and media profiles.

Thats a real pain, only six years old and no support? Oh, of course, booming industries have loads of cash to splash. Are they 2 decades behind everyone else ?

Yes, you can print directly from Photoshop, but it has size limitations which is why I rarely bother. your monitor profile should be looked after by your o/s, and the paper profiles by the epson software, but you can import them into photoshop I believe. Unfortunately you will have to get advice on that from someone with a little more photoshop savy than me. If you scan to photoshop, the scanner is already taken care of, surely?

Photoshop reads the ICC profiles out of your Windows System. Shut  Photoshop and copy your paper profile into X:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color  "X" is your windows driive Then start Photoshop again.

Epson has a small software rip called "Epson page proofer" costs in Gemany about  50,00 Euro and you can use any profile you want to.

Neilash,

Ilford supplied the onyx rip...as part of a deal they had.. If Onyx have not offered any sort of help, please have a word and point them to this thread.

I have no problem, with a thumbs up, to a good supplier, and a thumbs down to a bad supplier.. Ask Onyx, if they want a thumbs up, or down from this web site, and in turn, a lot of the photographic industry that watch this web site...

Printing from Photoshop to your 7600 should not be a problem, it is the only way we print to our 7600 from Photoshop CS.  Size limitation we have not come across, our banner stand is about 1.8m tall and that was no trouble, to be honest we don't often print above A1.  The main advantage for a RIP is the fact that you can nest your prints and save paper, this assumes you have a busy printer.  Also most profiles are produced assuming you use Photoshop and that is doing the colour management, also listing the settings used on the printer as well.  So I suspect the Illford rip comes with profiles that were made for it.

There is nothing stopping you print directly to the 7600.