Snappy Snaps sell Fotostop chain to Swains

philspectrum

Apparently there is some bad feeling that they took on FotoStop when they were not doing enough to support existing stores. I have a pal who is a Franchisee and there are quite a few in difficulty. It seems that there have been closures of London branches and a number in the regions where trade has been difficult. Hopefully this move will let them focus on the people that paid money to belong.

Yes, lots of closures. I heard that the London shops are mostly doing ok but outside the M25 things are much harder as the economy isn't robust enough to support the high price model they need to keep fees paid etc. The franchisees deserve better as the Fotostop thing has really seen Head Office take their eye off the ball.

Being a franchisor / distributor is good when there is margin, but when members can buy materials cheaper elsewhere thats where the system falls down. We don't think anything got sold - more they have probably given it away. Valid point about the support to their founding group. That's where all their energy should be going :-/ Don't want to lose any more members. :(

Fujilab: When Snappy Snaps took over they stated in the press releases that I saw that the whole group including Snappy's was in excess of 350 sites, not that FotoStop was 350.

Cecil: Tetenal are the Kodak distributor. It is also my understanding that Tetenal also employ staff that worked for fotostop and so will know their customers very well. Tetenal are also a major wholesaler not only in the UK but all over Europe.

I have switched to Kodak for my branding and have seen an increase in business by doing so. The support I get from Tetenal is fantastic i have a Konica minilab that uses tablet chemistry which is great as Tetenal make it!!.

IMHO

I know and have dealt with Tetenal for many years. They are a good company from Mike and  down but their main man for my money is Peter Tounsend. Peter has forgot more about chemistry than most people know. What I questioned was dartmoorphotographics statement that all the good accounts had left, that is a very sweeping statement and one I'm sure he can not back up by any sort of proof.

i have had 3 accounts from fotostop ring me up to ask how happy i was with kodak . i would say my shop with 7 Kiosks is an account you would not want to lose i had been with foto stop for over 12 years . around the soustwest there were many fotostops the 3 i no off are changing to kodak so the will be none .or do you know off any  ;D

I am sure that many good accounts and bad ones have left and I'm also sure that many good and bad ones will stay. As Swains are such a good company to deal with (I should know as I have been dealing with them almost 30 years) I'm also sure that they will convert many independants, not to mention some from both Kodak and Fuji.

Well the advert seems to be gone. I would like to give some advice as one who has run a shop for 29 years. Swains have supplied me for as long as I remember and they are the best company in the business. The were the reason I joined KEX.  Tetenal have supplied me for many years and they are a good company too. Their chemicals are second to none and their main chemical man, Peter Townsend is the best in the business. Kodak is a big name and perhaps their sign above the door is  worth the