Digital Photo Frames

photosave

We're adding digital photo frames to our range. Now more suppliers have entered the market the prices are coming down and there is finally some margin there.

I'd like to know how everyone is going with digital frames? Is there one size more popular than others? What price points are working in the UK?

I dont find digital frames as price concious as digital cameras, we only stock the branded makes for the reliability factor. But they sell well.

The Kodak range is excellent 7",8",10" they are feature packed and the screen quality is excellent, there is also a whole range of frame surrounds coming out this autumn for them. Tetenal sell them and best prices are when bought in 5's.

We also have stocked the Philips for the past 18 months and have sold well.

The frames must be on display and working, but I do not price them, this gives the customer the reason to start a conversation about them by asking how much are they?

I do not get involved in the cheap digi frame market, my cheapest is

Swains now stock them. You have to print the photos using paper without a watermark. The lighting is very even and the photo is very impresive. If you have one on display on the counter, it is also an easy way to describe to a customer why a print from a slide is not as bright as it is on their screen. We have even had people wonder why their digital prints are not as bright as they are on their screens. We just say this is the print back lit on your screen, then switch off the frane and say this is it on an ordinary photo. Cecil