Building the Average Order

fujilab

We've been taking a long and hard look at how to improve business by analysing each customers order. It seems we're still doing a similar number of transactions as back in the film days - it's just that the average value has fallen dramatically. We've just had a new staff member start with us and in her previous job at The Body Shop they were totally focussed on the 'average order' measure. Seems we should be too.

Does anyone have any successful suggestions for building these sales? Is there any way we can turn a customer who wants to print just two pictures into a bigger spender? Would love to hear everyones ideas so we can add to our own brain-storming :)

This is the problem we are all struggling with. It constantly amazes me that even our regular customers have little idea of what we can do for them, therefore it suggests we are not 'in there faces' enough .

We need to increase our wideformat print numbers, therefore I am working on various images to illustrate 'things we can do', but it is a merry-go-round, and only so many hours in the day.

Last month I ran a studio promotion for 0-36mth. Nothing special, index print with 12images + 8x6 print of their choice for

I agree, this is a major issue for us all. Like Photographis I have been trying to push our large format work however display for us means we lose valuable merchandising space. In the end we are hanging banners etc, promoting the range of services from the ceiling. That has certainly helped the awareness but with so many different services it's hard to tell people them all effectively.

We have added more add-on type products such as small albums, fridge frames, postcard holders and storybooks near our kiosks which have helped. Also with some products like collages etc, we offer an extra copy at a reduced price which gets the value of the sales up to a respectable level.

Personally I think the way to get good average sales is to push x amount of prints for $30 etc. That way the customer feels they're getting value and we instantly have a sale that meets our expectations.