How is the weather affecting business?

kioskguy

We've had some very quiet days recently and this month is no where near as busy as this time last year. I'm wondering if this has been down to the weather or other factors?

How is everyone else going this "summer" and have any members been really affected by the flooding? :-/

We have not been affected directly but lots of our customers have been. They've been too busy worrying about their homes to think about photos. We are quiet but so are all the stores in the High Street. Maybe once everyone else comes back from Summer Holidays overseas we will be back to normal.

Well, I have noticed a drastic drop in film, but it seems that the weather has given people the excuse to sort their digital photos out. We have found the day after a particularly wet day, we get bumper digital orders. Just as well, realy, 2 weeks ago we took our weekly take on one day, not a penny the other five. Very strange.

When it rains we dont get anyone in the shop and then the first clear day it goes mad and shop cant cope

we are down on last month and the only reason I can see is the weather (although transfer to dvd is up 100% - but that may be the new a board)

If you are in a tourist area DVD's will be well up as everyone now has the bigger cards and don't want to fuss with lots of CD's. We find this market is very seasonal. When tourists are around we do really well with CD's and DVD's. During winter we do hardly any as locals do it themselves.

Rain has a big impact on us too. How come everything stops when the rain starts?