Review Section?

NeilT

Following on from this excellent review thread http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Blah.pl?m-1181108340/ Should we have a dedicated review section here, or would this just complicate things??

One thing that I am considering, is to open up Mini Lab Help.com to suppliers and manufactures to do independent reviews on products etc, and then do a page/section with the findings, this can/will include photographs/video etc, to make it rather interactive. Mad idea? or a good idea? I would love to hear your thoughts....  

For me there's far to many sections already, make's it difficult to keep up. Personally, I think you should combine a lot of the sections together to reduce the overall number (e.g combine everything under 'mini-lab equiptment' into 1 section.)

JP.. good point/s to help we do have the Portal as a quick link http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Blah.pl?v-portal/ to help when you visit...

I do not think that there is a easy answer to how to keep things simple, but I know what you mean... The problem I can see is that, well, yes I can combine everything under just the one section say "minilab equipment" but then can get messy if you are looking for specific help on a supplier.

I suppose that an option would be to add a side kick to the main site www.minilabhelp.com with a facility for user comments? but this then would even get more complex as I would have to set up another registration method...

But do please keep the ideas going, as I want the whole web site to be as simple as possible... as I write this we have ohhhhh 5 votes in the bag  :o

How about making the 'portal' the home page if thats possible. Also, can you put a link to the portal next to

Home Calendar Search Member Center  Logout

at the top of each page?

Also, is it possible to have a 'theme' with a plain white background/black text. Seem to remember there used to be options to change themes.

OK.. back to topic.... and an idea to fly past those that have a spare 5 minutes...

The recent review in the Noritsu section I think was excellent, and may be a massive help to others. It was done by a lab owner in the real world etc etc. Now as it is, this forum has many sections, and agree that it can get rather confusing, although, for my self, I would not have a problem in adding on another section.

But, some things may get lost over a period of time etc, so have a new idea, that I have been working on.. OK here it is, if you have a look at the main minilabhelp.com web site www.minilabhelp.com if you have not visited for a while we have a new look ;) but if you take a look you will see that there is a new section called "Reviews & Test" as a direct link http://www.minilabhelp.com/pages/reviews-test.php This is still a little rough, but if you then register on the page, you can then see equipment reviews, and as a registered users, you can the submit comments.

So any feed back on this idea.. good idea, or am I wasting my time,,,,

I think it's an excellent idea, Neil.

To try and get 'real' pro's and con's from a sales person is next to impossible.

Most of the machines seem to be pretty reliable nowadays, but some of the software...........

'real life' independant reviews sound wonderfull.

Deffinately not a waste of time.