Cards Books + Albums

Karen

Last year I cleared out all my photo albums and cheap strut mount frames - the hassle of selling them wasn't worth the profit and anyway they weren't selling. This year I have just reintroduced a range of "expensive" strut mount frames (nothing less than retail

We still do well selling frames and albums, yes albums are not as strong as a few years ago.

Frames

We use ten suppliers to create our range, to give variety, some designs run for years some are replaced every few months. We also move round the range so they do not look like they have been sitting there forever. A bit of effort in the frame department brings big rewards.

Albums

We have two ranges of albums, created from five suppliers. one range is albums that we have sold for the past twenty years, for customers who want continuity. Then the other range is specials, we buy clearance ranges and pile them high and do deals like.

was

Thanks Robert, :K)

Frames I'm doing well with - we have chosen mainly frames without mounts  and I have a huge range of ready cut mounts that sell really well. Nearly all frames go out with a mount. I have just put my foot in custom  framing but finding the right workshop to do the stuff is taking time.

Back on the album subject - We haven't been here for 20 years so continuity isn't an issue....... nice one to have......

So looks like I have to start with what I like. Bu..er I was hoping you would say "well this sells" and I could just go out and get that!

Whats going on out there with cards? We have noticed a huge upturn in custom greeting cards -  in house on a nice Konica magicolor printer that does a superior lazer print and then we have manual creaser. When the customer wants over 50 we get variouse other suppliers to do them for us depending on what is asked for. However I want a range of "ready templates" and some sort of display stand for people to choose card size / style / envelope from.

Anyone doing this? what do you do / what are you charging ?

Ps how do you get your details to appear on the end of your posts?

Hi David -250gsm card and I found some pre-creased fine art paper that we run through a small inkjet.

we output onto a Konica magicolour 7450 - a sortof posh lazerprinter - already paid for itself as now I can offer au upgrade to our normal photcopier output - very popular with buisnesses needing presentations in a rush but want double sided and normal photocopies are not quite good enough.

What Kiosk do you have that can do cards?

Regards

Karen

Recommended albums,

As with frames, what sells well in one place does not necessarily sell well some where else.

Henzo do a cheap range of slip in and traditional which a plain colours, good for piling high and knocking out as a promo. They supply direct from holland.

The photo album company (TPAC) do a good range of fashion albums, the daisy, classy ladies, metallic cover designs all sell well. But you would need to try a box of each (10 designs) and see which sells for you.

Mylefoto Self Adhesive is the best SA album for quality, they are made in Japan and retail from about