Snappy Snaps Franchise?

noritsuvet

:-/I have been considering getting back into the industry after an absence of 3 years. There are a few Snappy Snaps franchises for sale that I have been looking at quite seriously. Up until I saw the Forum did I realise that some of the existing franchises have had financial difficulties with people walking away from their stores. Also, I find that one of the Franchisees they promote on their new website has gone into administration.

Has anyone experience - good or bad, with this they could share as it's not till you delve deeper that you get a true picture of the franchise system.

Yes we were surprised they used Martin Bowrey on the web site when his business was in trouble. There are some others that have gone under and a number of shops are in a difficult situation but given the size of the chain it's proportional with the rest of the industry.

Nobody was more surprised than Martin Bowrey himself when he saw his picture everywhere; they didn

I had a look at the recent administrations and saw at least 4 Snappy Snaps stores listed. Aside from Brighton they managed to keep those fairly quiet.

Snappy Snaps Head Office will be overwhelmed now they are managing Fotostop and Fuji Image so I don't think their original Franchses will be very high on the priorities list. Maybe the lack of support is why there has been a rapid change in the group's fortunes?

Noritsuvet, if you can pick up one of their stores at  a bargain price I'd consider it but would negotiate on the Franchise  fee. Otherwise there are plenty of other labs on the market - or perhaps pick up one of Jessops store disposals. They might even leave you the store fit-out!

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at lots of labs but we want to be in or near London so our options are more limited. According to those in the trade there are more coming on the market soon as summer hasn't been as good as people hoped. We might just wait and se what eventuates.

I thought there was more to the Snappy Snaps situation than met the eye so thank you SnappyGuy for your feedback. What point is there in a franchise if they don't look after their people. ??)

I believe there are some good deals out there if you look hard. There are quite a few in the Snappy Snaps system that are keen to sell as people bought them primarily as investments. Now the going has got harder they haven't neccessarily got the industry knowledge to know how to turn things around. Just make sure you look at the most recent trading figures as things change quickly in this industry