Good News Stories

photosave

I think its time for some good news stories! There's been plenty of negative things happening in the industry so it would be really refreshing to hear something positive coming out of each other's businesses.

Starting off, we've added a new kiosk based program to make Collage prints. With such a lot of marketing of these products now (PhotoBox, SnapFish, HP etc) we think there is a great potential these as photogifts or decor prints. It's got all our team excited which is bound to flow on to the customers!

Now, what's everyone else up to....?

Good call Photosave. There are lots of positive things happening that get over-shadowed.

We have had some really busy times recently - possibly because we have a few less competitors than this time last year. Also we are seeing good growth in frame and album sales which is heartening as I have put lots of effort into sourcing different kinds of products than you usually find on the High Street.

I am adding more kiosks and hope this will build print volume even further.

Hi Cecil, It is the Whitech V7. We have it printing to both our digital lab and large format. Best part about the software is that it auto-fills the template which means its much quicker than having to select each image. It's only just been released so hopefully the UK distributors have this available now. Should be a free upgrade if you have the earlier version.

Good to hear good news in our filed, it boosts our efforts and activities to provide better and innovative products and services. I recently added FTP site service to our clients though the response to it is yet  to begin, as it is still under trail and known to few clients only.

Also i am  planning for a ordering software which is reliable and easy to implement any suggestions and experiences on this is welcome.

Client SW/Front end  must have same INTERFACE for storefront, Client stand alone SW (can be freely distributed)

and browser based applet for on line ordering, so that clients can place orders from store front terminals or their home/studio PC or from the web very easily with the same interface.

KVS

Great! It's fantastic to get everyone talking!

The Whitech software has a great home ordering solution that's included in the package. We use this and get good results. The software we give the customer is the same they use on the in-store kiosks. Another excellent home ordering system is RealPix which is available in the UK too.

Regarding 'shoebox' scans check out the Kodak 1220 scanner. Very cheap, excellent result and good be a new income stream given the trend toward archiving/scrapbooking.

For collages, check out fotofusion - we are checking it out at present, and it looks very good. You can download a trial version, and it looks like we will need to buy the "extreme" version.

It has any size out put (for wide format) and and auto fill, with a variety of layout designs

Hello to All,

Lumapix FotoFusion is a great, great SW for photo book design and album designing and other general layouting and collaging I am using since quite some time, now it is in version 4.0. I am using both V3.7 and V4.0 . V3.7 is very stable and meets every need but V4.0 is recently released and after many betas it is also most stable now a days.

I suggest every one of you at UK try it and , it has no limitation while trying except  it render,s  with water marks in demo version it is also worth buying, every penny pays no need to worry at all.And it is priced very competitively. Go for extreme version (Earlier it is called studio version) other versions will not suit for labs.

If you find any tool better than this ,please let me know, because so far i have not come across a tool which comes even near(closer) to it, for get about beating FF.

And customer support is excellent and has a very good user forum and design gallery forum which gives plenty of info on the tool and tricks to use it. Even today i find new tricks in it, though using since quite a  long time.

KVS from India