WEEE Compliance in the UK

fastlabuk

??)Does anybody know how this "WEE Compliance" affects you?

Please, as a friendly warning do not think that because you are a shop owner within this industry it has nothing to do with you, WRONG!!!!

I have today, attended a seminar on this very subject and it felt like I had driven around half the world, my bum was so numb and equally my mind similar after only 3 hours of listening to just part of another legislation going mad! However, I can see some sense in parts and it is an environmental improvement but why are we always one of the first EU member states to go the whole hog whilst others do the "Manama" bit?

Anyway, please take note, you should find some info at your local environmental agency who are very helpful, should you need any help please let me know and I will try to oblige, good luck.

www.fastlabuk.com

EVERY business in the UK is going to get hit, and some hit very hard by WEE (taking the pi$$ I think) and ad fastlabuk says, this has now just gone mad... But be warned you could/will get a fine if you are not compliant.. and also watch out for the shark companies that will be in touch and charge a arm n leg to give you advice.

Hi Neil, thanks for the post, I do think that most people, even my myself included, because I too have a D&P high street shop, were expecting someone from the environmental agency to knock on our door and enlighten our minds on this WEE subject, that is not the case and probably as you are aware the onus is on us to find out so ignorance is no plead as a defence unfortunately.

Neil, would this subject warrant a position in the General Chit Chat section as well, is that possible?

P.S. please accept my apologies as my "Manana" (tomorrow or tomorrow or.....etc., or in Cornish "Dreckly") was shown incorrectly as. manama

www.fastlabuk.com

Mornin chaps, well I visited my nearest Wee compliance operator - A1 Compliance of Redruth, Cornwall and had a really good chat with Damian Lambkin the MD. Explanation was very thorough and easier to understand than I first thought but its still going to cost me £1,850 up front to register for a term of 3 years and this is only for the paper trail, if we have to scrap any labs then there will also be those costs as well.

Anyway, that's for my business but those out there with a D&P outlet it appears as long as you sell a battery or other electronic item you will have to pay around £750 for the 3 year term, again up front. Any battery waste you collect can either go to your SUC man or you take it to your local DCF - Designated Collection Facility.

May I add that the fee can possibly be bettered by asking other WEE compliance operators for a quote as it seems each have their own package of services and in the my example this charge includes for all paper work to be carried out by the operator.

Hope you understand my explanation, if not please send your query. :-/

• 1 month later...

[face=Arial]Hi Taffy,  the onus is unfortunately always on you and if you wish to become more confused then look at the following :www.environment-agency.gov.uk

But really, the enviromental agency are very helpful and if you contact them directly they will answer you.

Good luck!