A Member Gone Bust

NeilT

It is with sadness to inform you that one of our members, and a regular contributer to this forum, has called in the receiver > I will not name the lab, but it was a small independent.

I was hosting his web site, but the insolvency peeps have been in touch for me to close it down.

Very, very sad news  :-/

That's very sad Neil. It's certainly a tough time out there, but with summer just round the corner I would have hoped things would be improving.

Without naming names, are you close to what may have been the cause - like volumes, rent increases, staff costs etc? Were they fully digital? Is there anything the rest of us could learn from this in a positive way?

are you close to what may have been the cause
The impression that I get is that it was just a mixed bag of everything.

I was with a retailer to-day going over a web site I am working on for them (non photographic) and the sheer hassle and changes going on.... so much hard work for every one.

I do feel like a kinda chicken getting out of it all, but so far not looked back... apart from my tax bill!!

But pulling this back.... I really hope that all of you are managing to hold things together

It's important to remember this is not limited to just us in the photo industry. Most retailers are finding things very difficult - however with the changes around us we feel more exposed than most.

There are lots of exciting things happening that we should all be taking advantage of. The increased demand for passport photos, large format output, dvds, montages, creative borders - all the stuff that's being 're-invented' by the likes of HP - that we can do now.

Stay confident and positive. Your customers feel a store's mood and spend accordingly.

It's important to remember this is not limited to just us in the photo industry. Most retailers are finding things very difficult - however with the changes around us we feel more exposed than most.

There are lots of exciting things happening that we should all be taking advantage of. The increased demand for passport photos, large format output, dvds, montages, creative borders - all the stuff that's being 're-invented' by the likes of HP - that we can do now.

Stay confident and positive. Your customers feel a store's mood and spend accordingly.

like that- spot on