Fuji Paper Prices

JP

JP,

The question you are asking is a difficult one to answer. Do I want my competitors to know what I pay for my materials, however I think its time for a bit of honesty between us smaller chaps. Now I can not give you an exact price because this is between me and my supplier (Tetenal).

But here goes:

100mm x 185 Fuji cystal archive paper G or L = £ 23.00 + VAT per roll

127mm x 185 Fuji cystal archive paper G or L = £ 32.00 + VAT per roll

152mm x 185 Fuji cystal archive paper G or L = £ 38.00 + VAT per roll

If you are a minilab and are paying a lot more for this product then god help you!!

I don't purchase pallet loads I just order what I need per month or so. Tetenal are also very good on chemistry costs as they produce thier own. For many years have used Fuji but its now just too damned dear. The tetenal products do the job just as well.

Hope this is of some help to you all. Would be interested if some one could do a better deal as in the current photo recession every penny counts!!

Wayne

I also buy my Fuji Crystal archive from Tetenal at a very similar price although I was offered the same product for £20.00 per 102mm x 186 roll at Focus.  We have not contacted them since the show so I would need to check if this price is for a large quantity.  Will let you know.

Thanks AJLA,

Let hope this threads starts some honest information exchange, as the big heads and braggers of the photo industry do us all a diservice. Interesting to get a new catalogue from Photo Me today which shows a good 8% I can save by buying FCA paper from them. No large quanities required with foc delivery over £250.00

They also show thier new own brand paper which can give a 20% saving on current costs. However the quality is yet to be seen. I will ask them to supply some to try as this could make a big difference at the end of the year. When film was being processed into photos in large quantities the make of the paper you used was a good selling point, now no one seems to give a dam. We have a lot of student customers and often they don't know who or what FUJiFILM is. So what was a good selling point no longer applies.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

The prices from Tetenal are not a consistent square metre price. I know that Fuji will quote a square metre price for all sizes and if you calculate the Tetenal prices above each works out slightly differently. Also if you are buying rolls in 185m length then this is old product, as Fuji have been supplying CA paper in 186m rolls for some time now, beware of old batches that may affect your quality!!

I take on board fotoman369 comments, however I don't and  never have purchased a square metre of paper as my machine can only take 8" paper!! I buy the quanity of rolls required on a monthly/ 2 monthly basis. To me the one who will give me the best price on 6", 5" and 4" gets the order. Any other sizes I buy in small amounts, and the price of the end product reflects this.

Many times I have been quoated sq metre prices to find that the products I use alot of are no cheaper than before. This I feel is another ruse to confuse you in to thinking what a great deal I've got. The same as the free film deals that were around 10 years ago.

My current stock of paper is 186m rolls with no difference in price, quailty of paper has always been very good. The only problem I've ever had is in the shipping of the paper as some parcel delivery companies do not know that it requires special handling, and some times I end up with a damaged roll.

By the way if anyone knows of a paper supplier in Holland?? As I believe that the paper we all use comes from the same factory, sometime ago a colluege of mind was importing paper direct at a lower cost. The wholesalers out there must be buying from the Dutch factory, or Fuji UK is turning many of you out there over big time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Phil,

Also consider that SPS are next day delivery.  Ordered a few rolls of paper to make up Photo-Me order for free carriage that was two weeks ago, told they still have no 4" stock, expecting some in two weeks time.  So that will be four weeks from time of order if they turn up???