TUDOR

cecilh

Silly people-

I haven't seen a Tudor rep for about 5 years, even though I used to buy all my AGFA consumables from them. Now I've changed to Photo-me I haven't bothered with using Tudor. If they are wondering why business is bad then they ought to be getting their reps round all their pronto- not firing them !!

I've seen a tudor rep this year!  :o  however I gave him an order for some specials and I never saw them, or him again!

Tudor generally are quite good though, we've never had a problem, everything we order comes next day or if its on backorder, they let us know at time of order.

hmm, does seem a bit like hobbling yourself before a race.

maybe their internet sales have increased, therefore no longer needing such a strong team. Seems unlikely though.

our rep. still seems to be in employment.

Yes, but I won't buy new product without seeing it first and that's when you need a rep. The internet is ok for repeat orders but not for anything  else imo. And that is why I won't buy from Tudor.

Are you reading this TUDOR ??

No probably not........ ;D

Sounds like they lost 5 sales reps, 3 from London, most of the country unaffected as the remainder still have their normal large areas.

What other companies have reps on the road these days, we only have one other that I can think of, and he is an agent for 3 companies, probably only getting paid on comission.

good rep, bad net -

our rep has always been great - very good with industry news, get answers to our many 'off at a tangent' questions and would come when we wanted to see him and stay away if we didn't (exactly my kind of rep!). He's kept his job but with a bigger patch to cover the reps that are no more, so pressure will be on a little more, but who in this industry is not under pressure... (ie no sympathy coming from here!).

biggest problem we've found has been their internet sales - in theory great so you can just assemble your order throughout the day in quiet moments then place it when finished. tells you if available or not. lovely when it works... except last week when we realised 4"G was getting low even though we'd ordered it days before so we checked - this had gone onto back order ??? but we patiently waited a few more days until on to our last roll then telephoned - only to find out our paper was in stock and we had the right code and they had stock but for some reason it hadn't been allocated to us???!! The telesales girl then did this and we got it the next day - what a relief! but not good as we had placed the order so this was no longer on our radar if you like. our rep suggested we always following up an internet order with a phone call to check it's all ok...?????!!!!! if i knew the symbol for a wry grin i would add it now!