noritsu and fuji

Foto Art

Since I work for Kodak Service and Support I have some inside info on this. Fuji has not purchased Noritsu, but has contracted with them to use their Field Servicce Staff to provide service. Fuji's biggest downfall has always been slow service and Noritsu has a larger notwork of technical service staff. If I hear any news on a buyout I will pass this along to everyone. We will still be still servicing 2611, 3011 and 750 models for CVS and Walgreens as well as Rite Aid and others.

Steve

Qualex Field Service

I have read about both companies sharing technical info , but I presume that both Frontiers & Koki printers are excellent machines, secondly Kodak is supporting full blast Photome (kis) equipement , now as it is processing speed is now in seconds instead of minutes so Koki has to adopt a good chemistry system SM/ Fuji?

in my opinion it will opt for Fuji rapid chemistry and being a big manufacturing only company it has better ground for line assembly and production , it could be that it would be more profitabl for fuji to transfer there production printer line to Noritsu's making it more competive with regards o price wise being it that the price of equipment is going down

best regards , some info has been read between the lines and some is my mode of reasonning

• 2 weeks later...

Fuji has not purchased Noritsu, but has contracted with them to use their Field Servicce Staff to provide service. Fuji's biggest downfall has always been slow service and Noritsu has a larger notwork of technical service staff.

Not entirely accurate.  The two companies have invested in a joint venture to develop technologies together.  With the recent reductions at Noritsu they no longer have the large service staff as before.  As it stands they will have their own challenges maintaining the level of service their customers have become accustomed to and as such will not have the time or resources to service Fuji customers.