I have noticed there are systems and companies now making hardbook photo albums, where people submit there images over the net and get a book sent back in 10 days or so. Has anybody looked at doing a similar thing themselves?. Maybe this could be done in a similar way as calendars, with slightly more work, for slightly more money!.

Thankyou Joan and Cobham cameras, i have found this information very helpful and increased your ratings, this is a great way to go i think. If people don't make albums up now they may not have any images to show in years to come if the discussions about cd's and hard-drives is anything to go by.

Thanks for the help Joan, i think Tony was referring to the DKS 1550 because i recently looked at one and it can print pages like this. One thing that has been extremely popular and fairly inexpensive has been to buy 6x4 and 7x5 photo folders and decorate them with peel-offs. Supply an envelope and you have your very own customized cards, we get a lot of orders for these and we sold out over christmas, could not keep up with demand, they can be made up when you are quiet. Av cost per card 25-35p per card sell on for

It looks very good, very professional. Los of choice for layouts etc. The full 'Kit' comes with software, a gizmo to allow you to stick 2 sheets together to create a double sided page, a binder etc etc.

The software is loaded into the DKS and all the work is done on it's screen as you would for any other task. I believe the software can also be loaded into your e-stations so customers can make up their own albums for you tp print and bind.

The package is about ?1500- I'm looking at doing a diy solution- can anyone suggest any software to use?

We have been looking at ways of making photobooks and experimented with an Agfa Pixstacy set-up using our own layouts. This is OK but quite time consuming.

I have just had a quick look through the web and found Corel PhotoBook. This could be an option as it allows output to formats our minilabs could print from.

Before I get too excited has anyone had any experience with it?