calendars

Tony.T

Some advice/ guidance please.

I can produce calendars on our DKS1550, one month to a sheet (8x12'')

I have made a sample, and bound it and left it indiscreetly on the counter. ;D

Now, people are enquiring about having them made- what do you think I should charge?

If I was selling these on the basis of individual 12x8's then I would charge

OK, I've got one on the wall just by me.

The comb binder has enough 'gap' to allow you to place it over a hook/ nail in the wall and it hangd quite nicely.

You could always (before you bind the calendar) use a hole punch to punch a hole in each page, centrally and just below where the binder will go.

HTH

Tony

Wire bind are better, just look at the calendars that you buy in the shop ready made.  The wire bind should have a thumb cut in the middle of the bound edge to allow the pages to turn over and the hanger to pass through.

Why not jost hole punch them to hang on a rusty nail if go want to go down market??

• 1 month later...

Callendars are easy money, - remember that you can sell a 'rolling year' so you can sell them in any season.

We plastic comb or wire bind - both are fine, - but we do not have a special 'thumb cut' punch and special($$$) callendar binder. instead we supply each with a free bulldog clip to hang.

Cheap comb binders from Stat box 10 pounds (just punch 1 page at a time) and bulldog clips 4 for 1 pound.

Re pricing - Simply callendars S/W is easy - and we found that lowering price brought in alot more work even if we are offering more product for less dosh, so we charge 15 pounds for the first ( 20 if we need to do the scans too) and then 10 sliding down to 6 for 50 plus. you go into moron mode doing the binding - dreaming of the easy 300 pounds taken for less than 70 pounds costs .......

• 1 month later...

For 2007 we are going to launch a charity calendar, we are teaming up with a local charity that has helped my son. We will get customers to take photo's of local landmarks, award the best 12 with prizes in exchange for the use of each image to reprint then donate a % to the charity. This should market to tourists as well as locals and we will use it to promote calendars like this to everyone. And it will make much earned cash for a locally funded charity that has no government sponsorship but is much needed, give something back= get something back.