Control Strips

avantphotography

We very rarely run control strips but  when we do we read them ourselves on our densitometer. Do you need to run them regularly? I know it is considered 'good practice' but our chemistry is very stable and I can spot most problems just by looking at negs. Do you run E6?

Hi Neil, presumably you need to using tetenal chemistry to use this service. We still have stocks of Agfa chemistry (from Tudor) and I understand that the liquidators have sold the chemistry section of Agfa to a company that is going to continue production.

How do you find tetenal and who supplies you and what is the price like compared with the others?

I have to say I thought it was a bit cheeky of Tudor as well especially when they have sold you the very expensive control strips and film. I'd always assumed that the reading of the strips was included in that price!

cheers - Bryan

The Tetenal deal we have done, is good, very good. No problem with the chemistry, great back up and help. Also Tetenal for paper (Konica) which is in actual fact better than Agfa. We are also getting memory cards from them.

I would get in touch and see what they have to offer you, you may be suprised ;)