Colorama

SueLloyd

Funny thing this, but we have also been approached by two chemist to take on D&P for them. But they are really a little to far away for it to work. They have been dropped by KPC!!! so looks like even the whole sale D&P houses are changing there ways....

I've got a bit more info now - I think its due to closure of a large Kodak lab.  Apparently if the outlets aren't reaching a threshhold of 3K per annum then the service is being withdrawn.  We've got three collection points along our road so we've taken them on for the short term and are going to review.  They are charging

The word .doc was a bit to big to upload, but here is the main content in the letter.

***COMPANY LOGO SHOULD BE HERE***

Kiosk 2, The Martlets

Burgess Hill, West Sussex  RH15 9NN

Tel: 01444 257535 Fax: 01444 257556

Email: qualityexposed@btinternet.com

05 May 2004

Dear Sirs,

It has come to our attention that many pharmacies that presently use Kodak (KPC) or Colorama for their photo-processing have been experiencing difficulties with these companies resulting in withdrawal of service.

If you are in that position then can I offer our services to you?

We operate a full service lab, normal D&P, reprints, enlargements, print from print, print from slide, any media to CD and of course real photographic prints from digital media.

Our prices and discount structure would mean your profitability should not be affected and you would have the  peace of mind of using a local company ‘face to face’ as it were.

If this is of interest then please contact us by any of the above means.

Yours faithfully

Tony Tatman

Managing director

We had an intresting call to-day from one of our local Boots branches. They had a customer that needed a B&W film doing quick. It turns out that KPC has now halved the delivery round to Boots!! Not sure if this is just local, or National.. But seems that Kodak are even cutting back on there large customers.

We had an intresting call to-day from one of our local Boots branches. They had a customer that needed a B&W film doing quick. It turns out that KPC has now halved the delivery round to Boots!! Not sure if this is just local, or National.. But seems that Kodak are even cutting back on there large customers.

surprising that kodak are still talking to boots after they were 'booted' out when boots went it alone.

So no surprise if they tell them to get stuffed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

couldn't happen to a nicer company  ;D

colorama look after our local boots

Tony  8)

We've had a bumper week for processing films from the chemists and portrait studio - I'm going to have to order another box of chemistry this year if this carries on!  It has been a bit of an eye opener for us just how many people's only concern is the cost of D&P - quality doesn't seem to come into it anywhere.  We're probably going to have to restructure our pricing system and possibly offer a budget or 'corrected' service - does anyone do anything similar?

Sue, maybe a simple two tier pricing system is a good idea. I have so many options for customers that if I stood and told them every one I would be talking all day... A bit like the coffee house... I just want a simple coffee! How simple Sir? with this or with..?  arghhh

Asda does 1hour and next day @

Sue/Tony what sort of margin are you offering the chemists and what price are they retailing at?? Just so I have an Idea what they expect. We currently have satalite sites which we offer a 20% margin prices starting from a 4.99 next day service (6x4) is this comparable?