Frontier 500 - Lp 5000 Red Ld Current Increase

Dmax

Dear experts,

I had a new FRONTIER 500 with LP 5000 with a continuous increase of RED LD current exceeding rapidly the limits (with all the resulting errors), consequently Fuji technician has changed the laser unit with LDD27 circuit board as well the AOM board.

After 2 month I am seeing again the same red LD current increase, I am getting crazy, have any one seen the same problem, I have read in this forum that decreasing the PD current could solve the problem ? Any experience? Help please.

Thanks

Best regards

Dmax

-Well it has been already replaced one time, and the second starts suffering like the original after less than 2 months, that's horrible and not normal. If we change it again for sure we will have the same problem and I need your help to understand from what this behaviour is coming..?

-I would like to understand some terms: LD current stands for laser diode current, LP current stands for what? What is the relation ship between LD and LP currents?

-My understanding is: LD current increases with time to compensate the lost intensity with time, but does it do it to find the exact res frequency perhaps? Is it programmed to decrease as well or just increasing?

-On strange phenomena, the RED current is increasing each time we stop and start the machine even without doing any exposition!! The other colours are stable, and the other frontier 500 in my region with the same temperature and dust enfirnment wirk correctly since 4 years gerrr.

Please help

Dmax

Hi Yustas, Hi all,

-I have seen your website, very interesting your universal guns, do you have red one for my machine (Fuji Frontier 500), can I install it alone inside the laser unit?

-I have some other information; the first laser has worked for 80 hours before its end, and the second one 40hours, so I do not really believe on the death of red gun!!

-Looking to the whole forum I have learned that LD stands for Laser diode and the PD is the photo diode sensor, but is the PD inside the gun or beside the lenses in the laser unit?

-In one menu I have noted a range of wavelength for each laser; can it be set using the password miya like PD (because the technician has set the same wavelength of the old laser)? Or some thing measured by internal sensors?

-I am thing of the firmware downloaded into the GMC27, perhaps some thing running wrong with it, if I reload the program the LD and LP and other laser parameters will be reset?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Dmax

As I can conclude of your post the repair of your red laser was done with poor quality. This repair is considered to be one of the most difficult repair in Fr 500 laser. Usually it must be performed on spot and it has to perform lots of precise adjustments.

So in your case I would recommend to apply to your laser refurbisher and require warranty repair again. Two months is too short period of time...

Thanks Yutas,

With this post I have attached two photos of the red current setting, can some one tell me if it is good? some thing strange I can change the exposure time and the wavelength, can some one compare with his own setting with password miya ?

Thanks for your help

Dmax

post-8498-0-46674800-1353083635_thumb.jpg

post-8498-0-85271600-1353083654_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello. Some 0543 menu values are individual. They are stored in laser head EEPROM ( not in minilab software ). So when you put other laser head - you will have other values on this window. What value should be can say only who repaired your R laser. So you can't change value, if you don't know what is inside your laser head. You even can destroy your laser head, if some values will be over the limit. To enter correct wavelength at first you have measure it. How can you enter, if you don't know what it is in your laser head ? If in short - this all information is protected by highest level password to prevent changing it. Information is entered to laser head when it was made or after repair.

Hi

Thanks bensioux for your capture very helpful in order to compare with mine.

What I have collected till now is mine 661.6nm (original value because not repaired), 662nm of bensioux and 663.2nm of another photographer.

Minila Service is correct; the EEPROM in the RED gun contains the intrinsic characteristics of each laser. My understanding is that the LD and the temperature impact the LD-PD loop in order to maintain the RED intensity but the question is: can the red frequency disturb this loop and induce the increase of this LD current (if this freq is not correct)? I am asking because my original laser unit has 661.6nm and when I have changed the complete laser unit with a new one I have found exactly the dame value.. strange !!!.

All your comments are welcome

Thanks for your help

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help, in fact a was talking about the menu 0542 concerning the laser exposure check as the attached photo.

The problem that I have is an increasing of the red ld current, can you do a capture from your side please ?

Thanks

Best regards

Dmax

post-8498-0-13126200-1360155629_thumb.jpg

Hi Ben,

Well, mynunderstanding is the following, perhaps I am wrong:

LD: is the current used by the laser diode in order to print on the paper.

PD: is a reception diode in order to measure and to maintain the LD at always the same level. Consequently, maintaining the same intensity of the red colour printed on the paper even if the LED is weaker with time (boosted all the time). With time LD is increased to maintain PD stable. That’s why you need to always have an eye on the graphs of menu 0549.  When this LD reaches its maximum the red gun should be repaired.

Can you show the graphs of menu 0549 are they stable?

The exposer time of your LD diode is 253 hours (based on your captures), I do not exactly how much time the LD lives in other old machines it can reach 2000,3000 hours but with Frontier 500?.

How the reference PD is fixed: I thing this reference value is fixed with the calibrator, it scans what you give him as a print and increases or lowers the PD in order to have the best red intensity level on paper.  I thing this PD can change with the quality/sensitivity of the used paper as well as the chemistry, because if your chemetry is week the laser need to work more with higher current.
This is just theory that you can confirm by changing the quality of paper/chemistry, doing the calibration and see if the PD and LD lowers…? my red laser is already dead.

Hope this will give you some idea on F500 laser, we need to excange information because Fuji never explain things

Thanks

Best regards

Dmax

• 10 years later...