Frontier 330 Error W-2629

littlephoto

I've recently gotten this error and our minilab has begun rapidly clicking in around the PC area of the machine. It still runs and prints ok. It seems to stop clicking for a while if prints are sent through.

The error message w-2629 is P1 solution level has fallen. Temperature adjustment stopped.  I've looked at the level and it's fine and there are no leaks. I'm wondering what that clicking could indicate though? Maybe a stuck relay or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I disconnected both the replenisher pump connection and the level senser connection and reseated them but I'm still getting the error. I've looked and found that the K6 relay (for the P1 heater) is the one clicking. I tried testing continuity on the level sensor but didn't get anything. Will have to try the pump next before I try and find parts.

• 2 weeks later...

The float switches can get a build up of residue (as can the thermistors) and need cleaning. I have found that getting the P1 alarm might not necessarily be a problem in the P1 tank but can be an indicator for all tanks. I keep a few extra float switches around and rotate them in and out of the machine, keeping the ones out of the machine in a water and washing up liquid for a few days, then plenty hot water to flush them out. I would suggest cleaning of the float switches and thermistors once a month. The Frontier 330 and 340 have a very quick dry to dry printing time and if that is going to work efficiently, the shut down procedure must be followed trough. The water filtration tower and purification tablets are important in these machines too because of the fast dry to dry, a dirty rack can back up prints in a print jam in seconds. Untreated water will cause a build up of residue in your tanks too, if you are in an area with hard water, you need to be extra careful. If you have more problems, feel free to PM me.

• 7 years later...