Banding On Prints

vincent

Hello,

i am using a 3202 Noritsu and yesterday it made banding on prints. We can see the banding very well on the color back ground, the banding do not appear on black or white place. It happen only in my 152 glossy paper Kodak. No problem with 152 matt and 305 glossy. After about 200 prints, the banding disappears. What is the problem ? Will the banding come again ?

Thanks

Vince

Hi Vincent,

It is easy to wipe defective AOM drivers off from the suspicious parts just swapping them.
if you would have same banding the problem is in exposure section.

BTW:
What AOM drivers do you use?

If you bought cheap Chinese ones - it may happen that they have poor quality.

Use only genuine Japanese AOM drivers to be sure for 110% in their workability.

Hi Vincent,

It is easy to wipe defective AOM drivers off from the suspicious parts just swapping them.

if you would have same banding the problem is in exposure section.

BTW:

What AOM drivers do you use?

If you bought cheap Chinese ones - it may happen that they have poor quality.

Use only genuine Japanese AOM drivers to be sure for 110% in their workability.

i use panasonic AOM. they are new, i replace about one month ago.

Assuming it is a type B1 laser you can try swapping the green and blue driver boards with each other, sometimes this solves the problem for a while. But this trick is only a temporary fix until you can get your laser unit repaired.

yes we have laser type B, we already change laser unit two years ago.

Just because you changed it 2 years ago does not mean there is not a problem with the laser unit now.

I’m guessing the laser unit was repaired as the Type B laser has been out of production for many years.

Unfortunately not all repairs are equal. If cheap low quality Laser Diodes are used the repair tends not to last very long.

Sometimes second hand parts are used to repair a laser too, the end result being the same the repair does not last very long.

If you are getting yellow and/or blue lines and you have replaced the blue AOM driver and the blue driver board, 99% of the time the problem will be coming from the blue laser itself.

• 1 year later...

It is necessary to replace pulley A095917-01. Also it is possible any way to eliminate bearing H001298-00 backlash on it pulley (it can be makeshift solution).
Pay attention that replacement pulley A095917-01 is very difficult mechanical operation which can't be executed by means of a screw-driver and strong hands.