Please Help With Sensor Location

matteus

Hello!

My KIS1550 stopped working overnight. The display was full of errors. After restarting there was no errors anymore, but the green line indicating paper movement burns constantly..on the picture under black arrow... When machine starts, the paper cartridge engine works about 30 sec and then START GO turns and stays YELLOW. I suspect that the paper sensor is malfunctioning. Can anyone tell me, where can I find that sensor or am I on wrong tracks? The sensors in INLET CONVEYOR are clean..are they working to do not know. Sorry for my bad english!

Matteus

post-2853-0-95386100-1357313272_thumb.jpg

It tunrs out  it is the sensor in INLET CONVEYOR. it just shows that ther is some paper on it...but its clean...to i  have to change it or is another way to repair it?

Edited by matteus

also i found on the motherboard ( left ) Chip feet are rusty and in poor condition. Could it be the problem are here ?

on the board the both sensor are working..green light goes on when i put the winger on the sensors ( nr.26 and 25 ), but on the monitor one is blinking and the another still burns continuously when i touchs them with my finger. :(

boards you pictured are responsible for powering all 24V stepmotors. left one moves optics, right one - works wit paper transport.

they have generally nothing to do with the paper sensors.

When you start the software machine is performing selfcheck. Each stepmotor is running for a short while. restart machine and hear for abnormalities. if motors are turning correclty PCBA's ypou showed are OK. 

Inlet conveyor has small board inside - mounted to the narrow metal sheet plate. try to disconnect and connect this board again (after dimsounting the large metal sheet plate...)  maybe sth went wrong with the connection. then use 

SU -> Settings-> Paper synoptics, then "paper" catalogue on the bottom. to check your sensors.

Thanks

boards you pictured are responsible for powering all 24V stepmotors. left one moves optics, right one - works wit paper transport.

they have generally nothing to do with the paper sensors.

When you start the software machine is performing selfcheck. Each stepmotor is running for a short while. restart machine and hear for abnormalities. if motors are turning correclty PCBA's ypou showed are OK. 

Inlet conveyor has small board inside - mounted to the narrow metal sheet plate. try to disconnect and connect this board again (after dimsounting the large metal sheet plate...)  maybe sth went wrong with the connection. then use 

SU -> Settings-> Paper synoptics, then "paper" catalogue on the bottom. to check your sensors.

Thanks for your post..

I cleaned left board, changed out that large flat cable (old one was burned from one side .. two wires had no insulation anymore).

Cleaned out also that large socket (It had 3 pin damaged, I soldered wires from backside of PCB). Sensors are now working, but the Inlet conveyor stepper motor is not reacting.

Machine starts without errors and all seems to be OK, but when printing pictures, they are getting stuck in inlet conveyor. I tested that motor in SU.. if I press test, then

motor turns just a little bit (feelable with fingers) and thats it.

I swapped the PCB boards, tested with one similar motor .. but nothing changes. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Check the soldering on the big gold resistors, but also it could be the IMPAG II PCB.

When changing the boards position have you switched the 3 small switches in the correct direction (on the right board all of 3 have to be in the right position and on the left board they have to be in the left position). One off my colleagues made a mistake like that and spent hole day trying to figure out why the machine is not working properly :D

Stepmotor in side inlet conveyor is the same used in Y module, cutters exposure plane, printer... Except that whole module is turning out faster. :)

Could you confirm you temporary replaced motor in the inlet conveyor and there was no result ? 

The flat cable you are showing is in fact connection to the IMPAG board. You really could have problems with that...

motor_boards.pdf

Edited by relaxia

Thanks relaxia.

Yes i changed the motor and there was no difference.

I had today a luck to try my impaq board ( on the picture brown :) ) on a second machine in another city and it gave the same results. the stepper motor does not work with my board. Is it possible to repair the board or have i buy a new one ?

Edited by matteus

• 1 month later...