Dks 3 Drive Motor Stops After A Few Prints

NortSur

After printing a few (13 5x7)  the drive motor stops, the hz starts to fluctuate and then it just stops. Checked thoroughly the racks, checked the drive system all are very smooth, checked also the dryer, is turns swiftly and also smooth. Done the chemie speed adjustment, I got the right voltages, to the board, I don't know what else to do, any little ideas will be very welcome, thanks!!

Guest quick_film

It may also be  poor contact of the plug & cable  that goes to this board in the back of the motor.

That was the case in my DKS1550. The original plug just touches the prongs and may loose contact.

I replaced it with a Radio Control servo extension that has a very firm grub in the prongs , all around it (because of its nature ,it must  tolerate vibrations)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=10412&aff=61689

http://www.amazon.com/Gino-Remote-Control-Servo-Extension/dp/B007SUKUXM

* you just  cut  the original cable near the plug and solder the female end of the new one.

Edited by quick_film

Hey guys, fixed it. This is what I've done, don't know for sure which of the details done work or it was just chance. Let me metion that the sensor on the back of the motor makes a lot of sense though. I picked up another motor with it's sensor included, was gonna swap it right away to see if it could be the motor all alone but decided instead first to open it and just take a look at it and see how the bearings and the sort were. It's actually quiet simple, notice a little wear and tear dirt inside, clean it with paint and tooth brush, sanded the contacts just a touch and reassembled. Installed in the machine and there, no problems, sent 99 prints and came out perfect. So at the end, It could be the sensor itself, maybe the sanding of the contacts, or maybe Hugo Chavez's spirit, you figure it out. Thanks anyway for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, fixed it.[...] So at the end, It could be the sensor itself, maybe the sanding of the contacts, or maybe Hugo Chavez's spirit, you figure it out. Thanks anyway for the answers.

Don't mess with God and spirits in the machine :)  this is the people's art which is creating the fate. People for the people :P 

Remember that one good blow of the compressed air on the optic sensors once per year on all positions they are fixing something - could save you lot of problems within exploitation time. "Didn't you get a memo ? " :-P