Frontier 375 Communication Error Between Film Scanner And Printer Processor

allanson

hey guys,

fuji 375 printer stops at the  "fuji frontier" blue screen, it first brings the message of reading scanner, and you can hear the scanner being initialized, after that it brings a message " I-2305 The data in the printer processor memory was updated" then after a short while it brings another message " E-2102 A communication error occured btn the film scanner and the processor.(comand time-out)."

it does not move from there,. Any ideas on how i can go about this problem and solve it,

I will be greatfull

E-2102 means that communication time-out has occurred. 

No response is received within a specified time after a command is issued. Specified times are as follows :
EZPRN_WASH_RACK: 385 sec.
EZPRN_ALLOC_CANVAS: 180 sec.
EZPRN_GET_NUMVEROFPRT: 90 sec.
Other commands: 60 sec. With regard to some commands, time-out does not occur.

Can be poorly connected 1394 cable, bad cable, poorly connected 1394 cable FG,  faulty GLO, FMA, CTL circuit board. 

If you have I-2305 error then abnormality is found in the backup memory during system start-up. SRAM information key is not found due to data corruption, etc. I think you see this error because is not communication between printer and scanner.

Check firewire cable connections. Also can test cable or replace it. If scanner will be broken connect FMPC and can work without it. On FMPC can install MS-01 or S9 software. 

Until you work with original system go to service menu and make scanner and printer backups to floppy disc. After that copy files from floppy to some other safer place ( hard disc, USB, CD etc ; create folders printer and scanner and copy floppy content there ) .

Edited by Minilab service

Thanks you so much for your reply. iam going to check the 1394 cable and see if it will work, in your last paragraph "Until you work with original system go to service menu and make scanner and printer backups to floppy disc. After that copy files from floppy to some other safer place ( hard disc, USB, CD etc ; create folders printer and scanner and copy floppy content there )".

The problem is i cant go to the service menu to make scanner and printer backups  because the software does not even reach there, it stops at the "fuji frontier blue screen logo " and you cant go to any menues.

the other thing is i was told originally that the CTL circuit board was previously removed and put back, do you think that may be the cause of all this. if i reinstalled the A1 software cd, do you think it will be of help??

Yes, if CTL-20 can cause it. Also should be error E-2305 ( abnormal printer backup memory ) . Abnormality is found in the backup memory during system start-up SRAM information key is not found due to data corruption, etc. It can be caused :

1. Memory contents are cleared because the period between shipment and installation is too long.

2. Insufficient charge remaining in backup battery.

3. Loose or poorly connected JP2 (backup jumper pin) on CTL20 circuit board.

4. Faulty backup battery.

5. Faulty backup circuit.

When this error occurred during ordinary operation check the voltage. If the voltage is 2.2V or higher, the battery is normal. Check JP2 on CTL20. If JP2 is inserted into 2 and 3 pins, JP2 is normal.

When this error occurred during installation download data from floppy disk to printer and recharge battery for 1 or 2 days.
When this error occurred during normal operation: recharge the battery for 1 or 2 days. Set JP2 correctly, replace the CTL20 circuit board.

With regard to the installation procedure after replacing the CTL20 circuit board, refer to Installation manual.

Maybe you have older backups from your minilab ? All normal minilab owner should have backups. If you can't reach menu can copy some backup data from hard disc.

You can try reinstall A1 software. During re-instillation software will allow choose backups. If you have not backups choose instillation without floppy backups and instillation will use data from hard disc. After A1 reinstall have reinstall C4/C5 on scanner computer.

If during A1 reinstall you get message that can't reach printer and offer install software  for stand alone scanner then quit instillation - that means scanner doesn't see printer.  Have to find why no communication between them. 

• 6 years later...