F340 550 Server-Client Problem

dt_joy

Dear friends. We are setting up a system consists of 1 FDI server and 3 FDI clients. We have same trouble with fuji's F340 and F550 machines in different locations.

We have also a working OLD server (Win2000, MsSql7.0, Fdi 5.5) in both locations. This server works perfectly with our new clients (Xp, MsSql8.0, Fdi 5.5). But we can say this system is relatively slow. This server is created by fuji's authorized service.

But  if we setup our new server (Windows XP operating system or Winows 2000) with Ms SQL 8.0 and Fdi 5.5; system works also perfectly and faster but randomly crashes while "converting" and says "image not found". This is happening while minilab prints out lots of missing pictures....

We think, we install the clients perfectly and consider that this situation occurs because of our server installation. But we can not find the point to solve this situation

We have also noticed a situation in outspool directories. While converting images; some files are created in server's outspool directory, other ones in clients outspool directory. So began to think that this is about our client installation.

So; this is the question... What is wrong with this Client and server installation procedures?

SERVER XP (before installation)

nane: frontend, add protocol:NetBeui, region:english, ip:192.168.1.1, user: FRONTIER, pass: FRONTIER, partition: C Drive, D Drive, share:advanced share, D Drive: access granted to everyone, Guest user: active, Antivirus-firewall:disabled,

Clients   (before installation)

nane: frontendX, region:english, ip:192.168.1.X, user: FRONTIER, pass: FRONTIER, partition: C Drive, D Drive, share:advanced share, D Drive: access granted to everyone, Guest user: active, Antivirus-firewall:disabled,

Clients (While installation)

Change FrontendX to Frontend

Clients (After installation)

Change ODBC (localhost) to FRONTEND

This procedures is error free. System is installed with no errors, But fails randomly while printing.

Thanks for all. i am working with virtualization of fuji's system in new powerfull machines.if some one can help me i also ready for help.

dt_joy

• 2 years later...

Hello, could you solve your problem? I have a problems  with my fdi, when a try to send photos to variety, this gives me an error, i think 1074, Any idea. I want to re-install the software but i need the step to follow for do that, can you tell me, Please and i'm sorry my english!! thanks!!

• 4 years later...