Eeprom Frontier 370

surviving

You need version 2 file, but it is EPROM ( not EEPROM ) . It can be UV EPROM or OTP ROM. If it is UV EPROM you have erase old program with UV and only then can reprogram it. If it is OTP ROM you need buy new. To load file you will need programmer ( you can't load file with minilab ) . I have programed version 2 EPROM, so just enough to remove old and put new. 

On some minilabs installed version 2 EPROM. Check label ( on the EPROM ) and you see version there. 

As I told before if it is UV EPROM you can erase it and reprogram it with other version. If it is OTP ROM ( one time programmable ) you need buy other EPROM. Of course it is not necessary to buy new board. You should have programed EPROM and just replace it. First version and second version boards are the same. Difference only EPROM version.  

• 4 months later...

EPROM is on CTL20. On it will be label with version. 

I you want to see version without opening minilab just start up the printer (LP) in the ROM mode. While counting-down is in progress, press [MENU] - [<-] - [->] - [Enter] in this order, then check that the ROM version is displayed on the panel, and then check if the ROM Version is “(2.0-0x-000)”.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...