Biggest Scan Size From Sp3000?

redisred

I'm trying to figure out how to make the largest available scan from the SP3000 in standalone mode. It seems to be connected to the print size selected and the largest available seems to be 12x18, correct? I've tried free bmp and jpeg and it doesn't seem to help much, is there anything else I'm missing to get the most resolution out of this scanner?

Edited by redisred

SP3000 has CCD with physical dimensions 1536 x 2048 pixels . CCD also has micro-movement system ( two piezoelectric actuators ) . They making CCD pixel displacement. How many times making scanning for the same frame depends on picture size. So you can have these scanning resolutions :

Print Size    Scanning Times  Shifting Distance  Number of Pixels
Small sizes    1-scanning              0.0 μm              2048 x 1536
Middle sizes  2-scanning              2.7 μm              2048 x 3072 
Middle sizes  4-scanning              5.4 μm              4096 x 3072 
Large sizes   8-scanning              8.1 μm              8192 x 6144 

Edited by Minilab service

Hey that's the kind of thing I was looking for thank you! Forgive the mega newbie question, but how do I get it to do multiple passes like that?I've scoured the manuals that I have and I can't find anything. I'm having trouble even finding the option to choose a size like that. I've got 4base and 16 base options as well as free jpg and bmp, and I understand (i think) what those are, but I can't get it to go much higher than that middle size range you listed. The chosen print size seems to have an effect on file resolution, even if it's just scanning to a digital file, but there's not a print size that's anything like 8192x6144, how do you get it to do that?

I don't think you can.  Free export at 12x18 print size will be the largest you can get out of the scanner (even if it's capable of more).  It helps to set a custom function and turn sharpening 'off' to get better quality scans.  You can apply  unsharp mask later in Photoshop, and get a scan that has a lot less noise and pixelation.  I routinely print 20x30's from the 10x15 scans from our SP2000, and people are happy with the quality.

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to make use of the .raw data from the scanner (not the little files it makes next to the output, the actual ccd output). I'm able to open the .raw files, but the actual ccd data seems to be in a .bin format. Has anyone ever been able to open and use those files?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/1/2013 at 4:50 AM, Minilab service said:

SP3000 has CCD with physical dimensions 1536 x 2048 pixels . CCD also has micro-movement system ( two piezoelectric actuators ) . They making CCD pixel displacement. How many times making scanning for the same frame depends on picture size. So you can have these scanning resolutions :

Hi everyone,

Has anyone managed to get to the results of 8192 x 6144 pixels? Please help!

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 10/31/2013 at 7:50 PM, Minilab service said:

Just saw this. How did you achieve 8192 x 6144 pixel sizes on the SP3000?