Frontier Sp 3000 Stand Alone Set Up Help

Hi guys,

New to this forum and am finding it very hard to find much information on precise steps to get this done.

Basically, I am helping a friend set up a Frontier SP 3000 to be used as a standalone unit. The machine/software on the scanner is fine, but we are missing the steps and software to get the secondary computer set up to have the files exported to. 

I understand this computer needs to run Windows XP which we have installed. Is there anything else other than needing the software installed and it obviously networked via ethernet? Unfortunately my friend said the secondary computer that came with it died and the seller is not communicating back so we've bought an old one as a replacement.

We just wanna get this thing going and get scanning!

Any information on installation files would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading,

Patrick

All depends what kind of software is installed on scanner. What is there DI, FE, MS01 or MS01 + MS11.

If on scanner installed DI than on server install C4/C5. If there installed FE than on server install S2 from FE package. If on scanner have MS01 or MS01 + MS11 than on server install MS01 ( choose ''Server'' during instillation ) .

Before installing any software have make PC settings ( computer name, user, password, CD drive name, network and etc ) .

It is good that scanner software works. Can go to software menu and make scanner backup there. Only having backup can easy restore when have problems. If backup will be done on floppy then copy files to some more reliable place ( USB, CD and etc ) . Had many cases when customers had backup on floppy, but they where not readable and not recoverable. 

Hi guys,

New to this forum and am finding it very hard to find much information on precise steps to get this done.

Basically, I am helping a friend set up a Frontier SP 3000 to be used as a standalone unit. The machine/software on the scanner is fine, but we are missing the steps and software to get the secondary computer set up to have the files exported to. 

I understand this computer needs to run Windows XP which we have installed. Is there anything else other than needing the software installed and it obviously networked via ethernet? Unfortunately my friend said the secondary computer that came with it died and the seller is not communicating back so we've bought an old one as a replacement.

We just wanna get this thing going and get scanning!

Any information on installation files would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading,

Patrick

Hi Patrick. I'm practically in the same situation as you and wondered if you got your scanner to work.

Hi Patrick. I'm practically in the same situation as you and wondered if you got your scanner to work.

Not at this stage. We are trying to avoid having to contact Fuji as I imagine a technician would cost a heap. I haven't had a chance to try the above steps. Unfortunately I don't understand 100% what 'DI, FE, MS01 or MS01 + MS11 C4/C5' really are. We are basically going from scratch here too. Next time I see him I am going to try check what is installed on the scanner and then try to install the C4/C5 software as I have managed to download that.

Not at this stage. We are trying to avoid having to contact Fuji as I imagine a technician would cost a heap. I haven't had a chance to try the above steps. Unfortunately I don't understand 100% what 'DI, FE, MS01 or MS01 + MS11 C4/C5' really are. We are basically going from scratch here too. Next time I see him I am going to try check what is installed on the scanner and then try to install the C4/C5 software as I have managed to download that.

Hi Patrick. I recently moved to a new country and where I am, Fujifilm refuses to help. I made it clear that I'm not looking for free help and that I'm happy to pay for a technician to come and help me. They said that because I didn't buy the scanner from them, they won't help. I asked them if they sell this scanner and they said the machine is now discontinued and cannot be bought anymore. A*****

DI is the oldest Fuji software - A1 + C4/C5 on scanner and C4/C5 on server. On both can be installed many optional software.

If installed FE then on scanner installed S1 and on server S2. Also can be installed optional software from FE package.

MS01 is universal Fuji software, which can be installed on any Fuji scanner or minilab. On SP3000 can be installed MS01 or MS01 + MS11. On server would be installed MS01 ( server option ) .

To find what you have installed press ''i'' on Fuji software main window. Optional software can find on Windows control panel ( add - remove software menu ) .

Before experiments go to Fuji menu ( passw. 7777 ) and make scanner backup to floppy. Then files from floppy transfer to some more reliable place ( CD, USB and etc ) . Only having backup you can easy reinstall scanner, if something wrong. 

If you have FDI then on server have install C4/C5. Go to Fuji menu ( 7777 )  and look what is server name there. Default name is FRONTEND, but someone could change it. Let say there default name. You have prepare server computer. Install there Windows 2000 ( or Windows XP for latest C4/C5 ) . Computer name - FRONTEND. User FRONTIER, password FRONTIER, CD drive name - N. Make network settings ( the same working group name, the same mask, IP only last group digit should be different ) . Run ping both sides. If installed XP adjust firewall. 

If all OK put C4/C5 CD on CD drive ''N'' and can start instillation. Select IN and OUT files. Use SE maintenance option. There will find three software. First install first. When finished - agree restart computer. Then do the same with second and third.

After third restart instillation will be finished. Then on server make software configuration. Go to adjustment menu ( use password DI ) and make all settings there ( register scanner, scanning services, resolutions, formats and etc. 

When all over on scanner go to Fuji menu ( password 7777 ) and select connect to server. If all done well information will be updated and on minilab you will have all new services. System ready to use.