How to replace rollers in 135/240 AFC-II ?

Jafromex

It is easier replace upper rollers. To replace rollers at the bottom need remove whole carrier ( 6 small screws ) , disconnect FFC, remove few sensors. After replacement need return sensors and adjust their positions ( otherwise sensors will not work ) . When have not experience It is easy to damage FFC contacts, or connector, so have do it very carefully. My advice would be to give someone, who has experience to repair carriers. Many times I got to repair these carriers after unsuccessful roller replacement.

• 5 months later...

Just replaced the rollers in my 120 Carrier the other day.. wasn't too hard to do.. bit tricky in some spots.

Main thing is to get them glued on the shaft at the exact spot.. have to be within a bees dick to get right.

Works perfect now! Here in Australia Noritsu wanted about $850AU for the rollers.. got cheap ones on ebay (china) for $190AU delievered.. Still hard to see the value of such little things! guess supply and demand isn't there haha

20200406_095209.jpg

20200407_093615.jpg

It is more difficult to change rollers on 135/240AFC-II if compare with 120AFC-II, or 135AFC-II.
Noritsu sells roller assemblies ( rollers with shafts and mounting elements ) . Rollers made in Japan.
From China you got only rubber rings and nothing else. They are made in China, so can't be sure how long they can work. 

• 7 months later...

United States.   My machine has been collecting dust for quite some time.  I bought a Hassleblad X5 to do some high end scanning and now I am ready to start scanning my bulk items on the Noritsu.  I have 2 units (one needs everything and one needs all except for the most expensive).  Was going to buy these yesterday:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114386724288?ul_noapp=true  but when I inquired he was out and put it to "out of stock."  I asked today if he plans on getting them again as I was getting much higher quotes to get supplies.  I bought a set of rollers without the pins (rods).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just received my rollers from China.  It took almost one month.  I replaced the top rollers.  But I am stuck trying to figure out how to replace the lower rollers.  Can anyone help me. Perhaps send me the mechanical drawing showing which screws will separate the mechanism from the carrier's shell.Thanks.

@tony Awe even don't know what "Film carrier" you replace rollers to ? ? ?    135AFC-II, 120AFC-II , 135/240AFC-II or . . 

without knowing it, nobody here can help..

TO BE FAIR, better ask for a illustrated / exploded view of x?x? Carrier parts list FIRSTLY from your China roller supplier (IF POSSIBLE) who had made the parts "margin"  .  We still could help in last resource.   Good Luck !

Edited by davidlam

On 10/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, Minilab service said:

It is easier replace upper rollers. To replace rollers at the bottom need remove whole carrier ( 6 small screws ) , disconnect FFC, remove few sensors. After replacement need return sensors and adjust their positions ( otherwise sensors will not work ) . When have not experience It is easy to damage FFC contacts, or connector, so have do it very carefully. My advice would be to give someone, who has experience to repair carriers. Many times I got to repair these carriers after unsuccessful roller replacement.

is there a way you can help me figure out where those six screwa RE? tHANKS.

1 hour ago, tony A said:

is there a way you can help me figure out where those six screwa RE? tHANKS.

If you can’t work out what screws you need to remove in order to get access to the rollers on the 135/240AFC (II), honestly, I really don’t think you should be attempting the job of fitting the bottom rollers. It is a very complex job even for experienced engineers.

My advice is to leave this job to the experts.

• 5 months later...