Fujifilm ASK-300

StruggleTech

Hi all, 

Problem with my ASK-300 after changing a new set of paper and ink ribbon, the photo turn abit red (reddish colour).

I try replacing another new set of ink ribbon and paper but the colour still remain reddish.

Is there any update to do? or is there any way that can change the colour setting of the printer?

Thank!

• 1 year later...

I guess it would work, but I haven't updated the system in a long time, so suddenly I got a pretty big amount of updates. I do not know which of them caused this. I tried to uninstall the printer and updated all the steps, I also installed a profile from the fuji site. And again, a little red predominates. I can fix it in the settings on the printer itself but again that's not it. There is no recognizable color of the human face that I normally like with fuji.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Which error do you have? What is error code?

If printer doesn't work and can't print firmware can see on service utility. Start service application ASK Ver.2.00 , select ASK300 choose "printer information" and press "Get" . After that you see all firmware information.

All information can find on ASK300 service manual ( PP3-C1084E ) and on service application manual for ASK-300 Ver.2.00 .

The latest ASK300 driver - version 3.00 ( versions for 32 and 64 bit ) . The latest firmware - 4.20a ( DATA1(M)- 316J21 ,  DATA2(T)- 318C21 , DATA3(F)- D11 ) . There are two firmware updates - to update from 32 and 64 bit Windows.

2 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Which error do you have? What is error code?

If printer doesn't work and can't print firmware can see on service utility. Start service application ASK Ver.2.00 , select ASK300 choose "printer information" and press "Get" . After that you see all firmware information.

All information can find on ASK300 service manual ( PP3-C1084E ) and on service application manual for ASK-300 Ver.2.00 .

The latest ASK300 driver - version 3.00 ( versions for 32 and 64 bit ) . The latest firmware - 4.20a ( DATA1(M)- 316J21 ,  DATA2(T)- 318C21 , DATA3(F)- D11 ) . There are two firmware updates - to update from 32 and 64 bit Windows.

As I understand it is only the quality that is reddish in color. The printer is printing normally.

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, Pedro Sampaio said:

Hello.

I manage to fix the problem.

I contacted Fuji Portugal and they helped me.

The problem was the firmware, after the updated one (they did it) the printer is working ok

Did you updatet firmware or someone frome Fuji Portugal?

Can you get me contact from fuji Portugal or you have firmware?

I just installed the ASK-300. The driver is now on this page...

https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en/business/photofinishing/photo-printer/ask300/support

The ICC profile was in the zip file (atleast for Win10)

It helped in removing the strong red cast but I will still need to change the colour cast in the printer setup.

Still trying to figure out which program to use for printing. Irfanview is fast but doesn't seem to use the profile. Photoshop does use the profile but is slower.

Just shut down our Dlab1.  Using the Fuji for passport photos.  The Dlab was great for passports, in our opinion.

You can load profile on Irfanview. Open Properties/Settings, select Zoom / Color Management, tick "Enable Color Management" , select "Custom profile" and load profile file which you need. With profile Irfanview works slowly. That is the reason why by default color management is disabled.

Photo also can print using Darkroom software. There need register the same printer few times. Each registered printer should be for one size. For example first time printer registered to print 10x15 glossy, second 15x21 matte, third 10x15 matte and etc. Printer can be the same ( registered using different names ) , or can use different printers.

When pint many then can use printing interfaces from various printing software developers. There are many of them. They are universal ( can work with various printers )  and to print photo use original printer driver. Need open order, edit files and press print order button. Software transfer pictures to print driver automatically.