Best film processor for a low development

Best advice for film processor for a low development for for 35 and 120.
Someone can help me with an alternative to a noritsu v30(I see that you need at least 10 rolls a day)

This is to start a film lab and will be for a low development.

What would you advise in this case of being a practical developer and not having to worry about having to reveal it every day and waste the chemicals.

I am very grateful for your help

N.

Minimal amount depends on film processor CD tank capacity and chemicals which you use. For example if on Noritsu QSF-V30 ( CD tank - 7.6 L ) to use low process chemicals ( Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 and replenishment rates for very low throughput process, increased replenishment rates ) then daily enough to process 3 24 frame 135 films.

If daily process more films can use Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 with standard replenishment rates.

Various film processors can be used. When CD processing tank is smaller you can process less films per day. There are many models with small tanks ( Fuji, Noritsu, Konica and others ) .

53 minutos atrás, o serviço Minilab disse:

A quantidade mínima depende da capacidade do tanque do CD da processadora de filme e dos produtos químicos usados. Por exemplo, se no Noritsu QSF-V30 (tanque CD - 7,6 L) usar produtos químicos de baixo processo (Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60, EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 e taxas de reabastecimento para processos de rendimento muito baixo, taxas de reabastecimento aumentadas), então diariamente o suficiente para processar 3 24 filme 135 do quadro.

Se processar mais filmes diariamente, pode-se usar Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60, EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 com taxas de reposição padrão.

Vários processadores de filme podem ser usados. Quando o tanque de processamento de CD é menor, você pode processar menos filmes por dia. Existem muitos modelos com pequenos tanques (Fuji, Noritsu, Konica e outros).

Muito obrigado Maxi :)

You saying is that I can put less quantity in the tanks, for low processing?

Is it possible for example to reveal 10 rolls in a day and then more x rolls a few days later without having to change the chemicals?

Sorry for these questions but I'm a beginner in this wonderful world :)

Thanks Maxi

Not to put less into tanks. Tanks should be full. I just wanted to say for low processing you should choose film processor with smaller tanks. On bigger tanks with the same chemicals need to process more films. 

Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 are chemicals for low processing and very low throughput processing.
Yes, it is possible to use them with higher volume. Just on low process chemicals process many films is not economical. Choose optimal chemicals for quantity, which going to process.

On Noritsu QSF-V30 ( tank 7.6 L ) minimum need to process :
If used 
Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 with replenishment rates for very low throughput process, with INCREASED replenishment rates - enough to process 15 - 30 24 frame 135 films per week ( 3 - 5 films per day ) .
If used Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 with STANDARD replenishment rates - enough to process 30 - 60 24 frame 135 films  per week ( about 5 - 10 films per day ) .
For example if have more films one week can work with standard replenishment. If have less films - just increase replenishment.

If going to process more films can use the same chemicals. Will be processed well - just not very economical ( because these chemicals have higher replenishment rates if compare with standard ) .

To process higher volume Fuji has Fuji EnviroNeg Developer,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach ( chemicals without "60" and "10" ) , but using them can't work with low volume of films.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, Maxi :)

Sorry for the delay but unfortunately I had a spine surgery :( 

So the best option will always be to wait to receive the maximum number of rolls and then start the development.

Can you tell me for example how many rolls I can reveal with full tanks in the V30?
After revealing everything and the  chemicals are gone, everything should be cleaned and new chemicals added, right?

Do you think it is possible to reveal x number of rolls in a day like 30 and after 2 or 3 days plus x number of rolls without changing chemicals?
How long do the chemicals in the tanks last without oxidizing or spoiling without develop?

Maxi excuses the questions but without people like you around here it doesn't make sense.

Thank you very much for your help.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:15 PM, Minilab service said:

Minimal amount depends on film processor CD tank capacity and chemicals which you use. For example if on Noritsu QSF-V30 ( CD tank - 7.6 L ) to use low process chemicals ( Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 and replenishment rates for very low throughput process, increased replenishment rates ) then daily enough to process 3 24 frame 135 films.

If daily process more films can use Fuji EnviroNeg Developer 60,  EnviroNeg RA Bleach 10 with standard replenishment rates.

Various film processors can be used. When CD processing tank is smaller you can process less films per day. There are many models with small tanks ( Fuji, Noritsu, Konica and others ) .

Thank you very much,  Minilabservice :)

Sorry for the delay but unfortunately I had a spine surgery :( 

So the best option will always be to wait to receive the maximum number of rolls and then start the development.

Can you tell me for example how many rolls I can reveal with full tanks in the V30?
After revealing everything and the  chemicals are gone, everything should be cleaned and new chemicals added, right?

Do you think it is possible to reveal x number of rolls in a day like 30 and after 2 or 3 days plus x number of rolls without changing chemicals?
How long do the chemicals in the tanks last without oxidizing or spoiling without develop?

Sorry the questions but without people like you around here it doesn't make sense.

Thank you very much for your help.

How long can be without processing depends on chemicals you use. If you going do not process daily better to use low volume chemicals. They are designed to work in this mode.

Strange question. Tanks always should be full. Film processor can't work with empty tanks, or half of tanks. 

During processing from replenishment tank will be added new chemicals, so chemicals will be renewed. Replenishment amount depends how many and which films processed ( length and width ) . Part of old chemicals will leak out ( to waste tank ) .

On previous message I wrote how many 24 frames 135 films need to process daily. If process wider films ( 120 ) , or longer films ( 36 frames 135 films ) then need to process less of them.

Thank you minilab :)

Everything starts to make sense with your explanations thanks for taking your time with my ignorant questions.

I also want to ask, where can I get the chemicals in Europe to Portugal.

And if you recommend someone that I can have a video call for a brief training or explanation for doubts in the functioning of a V30. It would be paid of course.

Thank you very much

Nuno

Chemicals can buy from maker representatives,  or re-sellers. All depends which chemicals you choose. Chemicals make Fuji, Kodak, Tetenal, Cpak,  Axel, Champion, Agfa, Ilford, Foma, Lucky and some other companies. Your chose what to use.

Do not know, what should be explained. All simple there. Need clean well tanks and racks, mix chemicals, fill tanks, set replenishment rates and temperatures, calibrate temperature sensors and replenishment pumps. Then test film processor with empty leader. Just in case also can put some not important film. If no scratches, dots, or something like that then can start to process customer films.

How to mix chemicals, replenishment rates and temperatures depend on used chemicals. Need to read chemical datasheet. Film processors have film sensors, so they see which size and length film you enter. Replenishment rate will be corrected automatically. Default replenishment rates are for 135 24 frame film.

If you need more information about film processors write private message. There can provide more information.