I just received a new head today from a representative in Epson Poland.

As soon as I opened it to see it I found that it had fresh diluted magenta ink in 6 of the 8 slots you see in the photo below.

I was scared and immediately sent him an email and asked him why he sent me a used one. His answer was this ....

{"We understand your disappointment, but explain it quickly.

Cloud Digital is an authorized warranty service and dealer for Epson plotters. All parts are original and new, from authorized distributors. The print head sent to you is new and comes from an authorized Epson distribution. The Magenta color on the back of the printhead is the result of tests carried out by Epson. I repeat again. It is a new print head from authorized distribution. For example, in the new Epson heads for the SureColor SC-P6000 model, the middle channel is blanked and also flooded with Magenta ink."}

As for the manufacturer's labels on spare parts:

All labels from spare parts are removed by us due to our business policy. Why? Since people often do not know the part numbers, they only order a specific part, e.g. the pump for the Epson SC-P6000 plotter. And so that they do not look for the same part on the market for the second time (knowing the catalog number) at other supplier, understand? The next time, we assure you that we will not remove the labels when providing the part number of the part.

Is this explanation sufficient for you?

I wanted to ask you if what he claims is true

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F1tSmJq0iOheNPok9NHuX2Lb637ANaQP/view?usp=sharing,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ICK6Afr0U6TFy-z5k1FXV-d-kBX3BB0z/view?usp=sharing,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vma-Gu2FLc8kB1ttRI-gjq-kD7fGK02F/view?usp=sharing

Seems print head is original. After testing Epson clean print head ( inside and outside ) . Print heads are made in China, so might be it was not cleaned well.

On print head is only label with QR code and serial number. No labels with print head part there. Printer models and part number are only on the box.

Printer head should be packed into plastic box. This plastic box is inside carton box.

Do not know why to remove labels. Nothing to hide there.  Here is SL-D800 and SL-D700 ( the same DX-100 ) print head Epson part number FA17020 ( Fuji part number  FW16GFA17020 ) . Older part numbers - FA17000 and FW16GFA1700 .

@CHRIS,  just sent 10 photos to your gmail to show you what should a BRAND NEW EPSON D700 should look like.  DEFINITELY it is DRY PRINT HEAD, won't be WET for any teasing reasons.

good luck with you PH warranty if you're not replacing it now....  10 photo sizes too big to show here..excuse me all gentlemen

4 hours ago, davidlam said:

@CHRIS,  just sent 10 photos to your gmail to show you what should a BRAND NEW EPSON D700 should look like.  DEFINITELY it is DRY PRINT HEAD, won't be WET for any teasing reasons.

good luck with you PH warranty if you're not replacing it now....  10 photo sizes too big to show here..excuse me all gentlemen

yup, i've been replacing PH several times, get PH from Epson, all PH is dry, seal and labeled

More than 50 heads replaced here ... all of them had that reddish fluid one them. Sometimes is more sometime is less. Sometimes is dry sometimes is wet.

Just picked up and opened one of my 10 new sealed heads that have in stock  ... surprise it also has same reddish fluid marks on it.

https://mega.nz/file/Dk8QQTRK#V97BxklWJd_AiwGPGE5rM6esWQ3oR28L1Vp9SvMLT4Q

So it's completely normal. 

Official service centers doesn't have rights to sell parts to third party. Probably because of that labels are removed, so the part can not be tracked down from epson by serial number.

Anyway you do not need to have serial number in order to replace it, just replace it. It's 15 min job.

It makes sense. Cloud Digital Maciej Talacha is not an authorized EPSON service center in Poland for D700 / D800 printers.
They officially repair large plotters out of warranty. The stickers have been removed so that the true source of this PH cannot be checked.

If Yellow missing at all - not a single line on check pattern - > replace Left Ink Cartridge holder - part# 1619778

If partially missing (some line are there some not) and getting worse or not recover from head cleaning - > replace Capping Unit - part#1619765