QSS 3201 The Print is Color Blue only made.

Hi! I need help to all our experts out there. My Qss 3201 is printing only color Blue. there are no any error messages. tried to replaced the Blue AOM but still the same. Run the Laser diagnostic test then Blue had 999/1000 fail attemps at 100% power. Red and Green has no fails at 70%. replaced the Blue laser driver board but still the same prints are coming out Blue. At output check, when Blue laser is on, synchronous for 10 secs then go back to asynchronous. Please help. thanks.

Without measurement of the voltage on a resister legs (located on a laser driver of the blue channel) it is hard to say what is a cause of the issue.
The only way out to understand the condition of the laser module is to make such measurement.

Voltage depends on laser type. You didn't tell what you have.

Hope you tested AOM driver. First need to check it. Can switch B AOM driver with G and using laser test look do you see any changes. 

Also can be, that laser head works, but laser beam position is not adjusted. After laser head replacement you had to adjust it. Ask laser head supplier and they explain how to adjust it.

Edited by Minilab service

Yes the voltage depends on a laser type and must be performed by a service engineer who knows all precautions against ESD, has special tools for it, and who knows how to use multimeter.
I need to warn you that it is VERY easy to have your laser module burnt during measurement process if accidentally have a short circuit with pins of the multimeter.

You did not inform us that you have changed the laser module before this issue.
if you did it - so yes, misalignment may be the cause of the absence of a blue beam (yellow color on the picture).
And your laser supplier is responsible for all this mess. Here I fully agree with "Minilab service".
But in qss32 synchronization of a lasers is by green and blue so you would have 6073-0003 error then (I guess).

7 minutes ago, yustas said:

You did not inform us that you have changed the laser module before this issue.
if you did it - so yes, misalignment may be the cause of the absence of a blue beam (yellow color on the picture).
And your laser supplier is responsible for all this mess. Here I fully agree with "Minilab service".
But in qss32 synchronization of a lasers is by green and blue so you would have 6073-0003 error then (I guess).

You're not right. In 32 minilabs, synchronization occurs only on the red signal.

Oh yes... I messed it with  qss33 where the synchronization is on the blue and green channel.
I apologize.
And yes, qss32 generates 6073 error code without any suffix and it always caused by faulty red AOM driver.

Edited by yustas
3 hours ago, yustas said:

Oh yes... I messed it with  qss33 where the synchronization is on the blue and green channel.
I apologize.
And yes, qss32 generates 6073 error code without any suffix and it always caused by faulty red AOM driver.

You're still not right, the 33 series synchronises in exactly the same way as the 32 series.

Only the QSS-30 series will give you a 6073-0003 Synchronous sensor error message if the blue channel is not being seen by the synchronous sensor.

Hi to all, Thank you for the Technical advise. Below is the summary of what is the problem:

1. The Laser type is B
  2. I run the Laser diagnostic test: R=70% G=70% B=70%. The Detected Failed results is : R=0 G=0 B=999
  3. I increase the B=100%. The detected failed results is : B=999
  4. I swap between G_AOM and B_AOM.
  5. Run Laser diagnostic test. Results is the same.
  6. I replaced the Blue Laser driver board with a new board. The results is the same.
  7. Measure the voltage across R54 of Blue laser driver while Blue laser is ON at Output check. Measured value is 1.xx volts.
  8. Do i need to Replace the Blue laser module? Your advise please. Thank you.

Laser type is B1.

Check voltage on R54 again. Select 200 mV range. It is impossible, that you have 1 V. Here should be less than 140 mV ( when laser head is on, but doesn't work ) . On normally working Green - about 60 mV and normally working Blue about 80 mV. 

Tell what you have on resistor. Then can see need to replace, or not.

12 hours ago, Dave S said:

You're still not right, the 33 series synchronises in exactly the same way as the 32 series.

Only the QSS-30 series will give you a 6073-0003 Synchronous sensor error message if the blue channel is not being seen by the synchronous sensor.

Yes, my bad... I agree here.
All models 31/32/33 have synchronization by red channel so 6073 error there has no suffix.
Only qss30 can generate suffixes 0001, 0002, and 0003 where easy to define where no synchronization.

Here our values we have for reference during measurements on R54:
Blue B1 - working range is 70-100mV. 
Green B1 - working range is 45-60mV. 

11 hours ago, arche hernandez sanchez said:

put pure developer where are the developer racks

Do not react on this piece of advice.
The problem here with optical section so there is no need to do anything with chemicals.

Edited by yustas