PRINT QUALITY ISSUES DE100

Hi,

Has anybody facing any image quality issues with DE100 prints regardless size ? I am getting weied patches especially they appearing on vertical just like banding. Please see the attached soft copies. Nozzle check pattern seems to be normal. just cuorious anybody face such issue with DE100. any solution apart from changing head assembly ? Tried BI direction and other head  realted adjustments. but no luck. 

Thanks In adavance.

Best Regards

Christina.

nozzle check pattern.jpg

Print Sample.jpg

That usually is caused by contamination on first section of the PH (eg K section). It's because the resting position of K when printer is idle is on first section of the capping station which is responsible for all maintenance procedures - the other tree are just for sealing and non functional.

Make 3 normal cleaning cycles  on K only in a row -

if still missing lines perform power cleaning - wait ~ 30 min and check 

if still missing lines do High power cleaning - wait 15 min and do normal cleaning after - wait another 15 min and check.

The other way around is to manually clean first section of the capping station, wiper blade and surface of the K section of PH - but it require  attention and some skills.

44 minutes ago, hivanov said:

That usually is caused by contamination on first section of the PH (eg K section). It's because the resting position of K when printer is idle is on first section of the capping station which is responsible for all maintenance procedures - the other tree are just for sealing and non functional.

Make 3 normal cleaning cycles  on K only in a row -

if still missing lines perform power cleaning - wait ~ 30 min and check 

if still missing lines do High power cleaning - wait 15 min and do normal cleaning after - wait another 15 min and check.

The other way around is to manually clean first section of the capping station, wiper blade and surface of the K section of PH - but it require  attention and some skills.

Dear Hivanov,

Thanks for the quick reply. I didnt do the consecutive cleaning for K ink. In fact for me, K nozzle seems to be absolutley normal as per nozzle check. By the way i will give a try what you suggested. Keep you posted.

But i tried Power and heavy power from Service mode for all CMYK channels. But  Doesnt make any difference. even get more worsen. The one i uploaded after the Heavy power  cleaning. Anyway i will check further and update you the prograss. Thanks for your Inputs.

Thanks and Regards

Christina 

Go to service tool 1. Maintenance -> Sample/Adjustment Pattern Image Print ->Nozzle Check Malfunction pattern -> Print 

This is extended nozzle check pattern that should show you operation of all dot sizes - I am guessing that you will have crocked line/missing dots in small and medium sizes of K.

The nozzles are working OK, you just have dirt on Ph that prevent drops to be ejected properly.

The other options are mechanical damage of the PH - highly unlikely but possible.

Hi Hinanov,

Sorry For late reply. Tried  whatever availble options including what you Explained.. But nothing could save the Print head. Its mechanical PH failure it seems. Finally PE board as well as Print head has been changed. Issue solved.  

Thank you very Much for your support

Regards,

Christina

Hi,

Paper Movement absolutely fine bro. Rollers are also in good condition. In fact DE100 design wise will not let the dust inside. but here Banding changing frequently and width of the band is too big and vertical. This was the issue with  print  head and solved it by replacing it. 

By the way Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Christina

Hi...

To eliminate a mechanical problem, reproduce the same horizontal and vertical photo, 6x8 and also 8x6, see how they come out. In the photo, I noticed a printing failure, it could be ink, paper failure, We have hundreds of machines sold here in Brazil and until today we have never exchanged a head unit. We are still seeing if the same will be provided by Ricoh together with the motherboard. Since there are no adjustments to be made. Next post follow service manual quality print.

Alves

Edited by leandrocmalves
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Christina Rose said:

Hi Hinanov,

Sorry For late reply. Tried  whatever availble options including what you Explained.. But nothing could save the Print head. Its mechanical PH failure it seems. Finally PE board as well as Print head has been changed. Issue solved.  

Thank you very Much for your support

Regards,

Christina

How much is the DE100 printhead costs ?

Part costs depends on region. I have information that DE100 will cost the same as DX100 print head. Then in our region it would be about 300 .

DE100 print head is supplied with interface board. DE100 print head replacement is not so easy as on DX100. Replace could only experienced service engineer, or Fuji service center. Printer head has very high quality. Meanwhile do not know anyone, who had to change print head on DE100. 

DX100 print head can get cheaper from suppliers, who sell Epson parts. DX100 ( SL-D700/SL-D800 ) print head is very simple ( similar to heads from home printers ) . Replacement is very easy and everyone can do it.  This printer head is quite bad. Many times had to replace it.

Generally DE100 Print head comes along with PE board. Need to replace both. As mentioned up, replacing DE100 print head not so easy like Dx100. Pricing will be different in region wise. Approximately 500- 600 USD will come for  PH and PE board.  

Hope this helps.  Christina