10 minutes ago, Dave S said:

It seems like the leader card is having difficulty entering the CD rack.

Check for swollen rollers on the CD rack.

checked the rollers, but they are plastic. could plastic still swell, or or could there be something else blocking the leader card.

i know if i hold down a little on the white gear that gets stuck it will go through.

but still even then, the doors safety lock or whatever comes undone before the roll has left its canister.

and thanks for the reply.

No the plastic rollers don't swell. The original centre top rollers are a dimpled rubber, these tend to swell up.

I'm wondering if the shaft on the white gear on the loading unit is bent upwards so is not meshing with the grey worm gear properly, it looks like there is only a little force before it starts to jump. There will be some resistance as the leader card has to turn 90° to enter the CD rack.

The other cause could be the loading unit is not sitting flat on the base, there are 2 screws on the bottom that fix the unit to the base of the loading box.

I would say...  1) are Left & right Clamping solenoids working ?  when you insert leader, solenoids are coming down to help the LEADER PUSH..    2) Are square holes on leader in good shape?   3) Leader could be too soft IF THEY ARE CHINA MADE ..  4) LASTLY from video I saw "clicking gear" could be the wearing out of the horizontal black "worm gear"  -AND- the clicking white gear . . .  . Good Luck !

. .  The clicking area is between . .1111.thumb.PNG.6497a1444a43f3f378ae44f5b92fe80e.PNG2222.PNG.9c597dd750c08ab4e6d31e07dedb5ec9.PNG

the white gear ,,, part no. A229834-01  a two layer gear

the black worm gear (underneath A229834-01 )  part no.  A231340-01

or a broken bearing block (holding the machine main drive shaft)  part no. A230433-00

check also if you have a tight CD rack,  take it out and try manually turn it with bare hand,,, also insert one leader to see the leader transport on CD rack assuming all

those vertical gears are lined up properly ( the gears TIMING correct )

I would check the sensors and solenoids in the loading box. Once it unlocks the door the loading box is no longer pulling the leader, the skipping could be because the leader is far enough that the first rack is pulling at it. 

Check the outputs for the loading section. I believe you need to put the machine in service mode for this, which involves a dip switch on the power board.