Good day

Please can somebody please assist 

I tried to upgrade to the latest Main System Software (H version) from (G002)

But then it started to give me hassles (with the arcnet - image processing PCB error) 

So i have deleted the H version and delete all the files on C:/ drive;

Reinstalled G002 software with the profile -

All the testing pass with normal termination;

But it pops up error 6827 - 0002 - image correction PCB connection error;

And i tried to print emulsion paper test - it come out all yellow?

Sometime it shows arcnet error - processor? 

Please can someone on the forum please assist me?

SVEU3217.JPG

YIXR7461.JPG

4 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Go to the system version check display and see if the communication is stable or not.

If it is not, you will need to clean/ trim the ends of all the fibre optic cables until the communication is stable, then attempt to do the software upgrade again.

Hi Dave,

thank you for the reply,

Im not sure if I’m on the same page as u mentioned 

but system version check - all say Ok.

(except the one I didn’t purchase)

pls can you advice what else to check? I have taken all the ram modules, processing image correction pcb all out, and slot them back 100%.

A8802D96-1419-4FF3-B90E-C942D397714E.jpeg

B2940D33-9436-491B-AA55-FE9B99A0644F.jpeg

As long as it stays on OK and does not change between OK and - it should be good.

You have to be careful with the position of those RAM modules, they have to go in exactly the correct location.

Position J347 is the Composite memory J390554

Position J446 is the Expansion memory J390552

Position J448 and J449 Memory Units J360681 or Z019452

Position J447 Display Memory PCB J390581

5 minutes ago, Dave S said:

As long as it stays on OK and does not change between OK and - it should be good.

You have to be careful with the position of those RAM modules, they have to go in exactly the correct location.

Position J448 and J449 Memory Units J360681 or Z019452

Position J447 Display Memory PCB J390581

Thank you for your reply,

I will have a look tomorrow morning, was fiddling with it the whole day today.

but pls advice about the image correction pcb error?

the first 4 red led did come on, but after restart, logged to Qss - I never seen it again. Is it normal ?

is it normal that now it print emulsion test become so yellow?

10 minutes ago, Charlescheng said:

Thank you for your reply,

I will have a look tomorrow morning, was fiddling with it the whole day today.

but pls advice about the image correction pcb error?

the first 4 red led did come on, but after restart, logged to Qss - I never seen it again. Is it normal ?

is it normal that now it print emulsion test become so yellow?

No it's not normal for the emulsion test to become so yellow.

I suspect the RAM's have got mixed up and are not in the correct slot.

Check the image correction PCB's have been seated properly, the connectors are quite tight between the 2 image correction PCB's.

24 minutes ago, Charlescheng said:

Will do tomorrow first thing. 

just felt, the fibre connection - can’t understand - sometime works- sometime doesn’t. But dunno where to start. 

Intermittent communication problems can be difficult to find, all I can suggest is when you are having issues with the fibre optic communication go into to the system version check display and see what is happening.

Often trimming the ends of all the fibre optic cables with the fibre optic cutter solves the problem

Edited by Dave S
11 hours ago, Dave S said:

Intermittent communication problems can be difficult to find, all I can suggest is when you are having issues with the fibre optic communication go into to the system version check display and see what is happening.

Often trimming the ends of all the fibre optic cables with the fibre optic cutter solves the problem

Good day Dave

Trust you are well

Yes - i did re slot the memory module around;

But now - when i switch it on - it says

Arcnet communication error - Processor

Now i have reinstall the software - says processor - and everything - without option.

Please can you advice where can i check?

Probably you accidentally moved and disconnected some ARCNET cable. If all boards without option then have not communication between computer ( PCI - ARCNET conversion pcb ) and ARCNET hub pcb. Can be bad ARCNET connection between them. Then need remove ARNET cables, clean sensors, trim  ends of ARCNET cables and connect back. To remove cable need press fixation ( black, or white plastic ring ) , hold it and remove it. Do not use force,  because cables and sensors will be destroyed.
Also can be not working one of these boards. Check power suppliers on ARCNET hub pcb . Look on device manager. There should be PCI - ARCNET conversion pcb with correctly installed driver.
Look QSS3101 service manual. There you see how to handle ARCNET cables ( disconnect and clean ) .

12 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Probably you accidentally moved and disconnected some ARCNET cable. If all boards without option then have not communication between computer ( PCI - ARCNET conversion pcb ) and ARCNET hub pcb. Can be bad ARCNET connection between them. Then need remove ARNET cables, clean sensors, trim  ends of ARCNET cables and connect back. To remove cable need press fixation ( black, or white plastic ring ) , hold it and remove it. Do not use force,  because cables and sensors will be destroyed.
Also can be not working one of these boards. Check power suppliers on ARCNET hub pcb . Look on device manager. There should be PCI - ARCNET conversion pcb with correctly installed driver.
Look QSS3101 service manual. There you see how to handle ARCNET cables ( disconnect and clean ) .

Hi

Everything is normally terminated - except the 

arcnet communication error - image processing pcb - 

please can you advice where is the arcnet for this set of cable?

Is it on top of the image processing pcb board toward to the computer? 

please can you advice?

You wrote, that "processor - and everything - without option" , so I wrote about this fault.

If without option only image processing then problem with image processing board. Can be missing power supply, RAM modules not inserted well, RAM has wrong position, or on image processing pcb bad connected ARCNET cable.
I think you didn't move ARCNET cables, so they connected well, but board is not responsible. Check RAM again.

8 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

You wrote, that "processor - and everything - without option" , so I wrote about this fault.

If without option only image processing then problem with image processing board. Can be missing power supply, RAM modules not inserted well, RAM has wrong position, or on image processing pcb bad connected ARCNET cable.
I think you didn't move ARCNET cables, so they connected well, but board is not responsible. Check RAM again.

Hi Minilab service

Was image processing pcb 6901 - and now paper supply section? But after no / clear error - 

Only image processing pcb - please can you advice where is the fibre cable for this section?

Is it the only 2 fibre cable on top of the image processing board?

6901.JPG

1 minute ago, Dave S said:

The fibre optic communication is poor. Clean/ trim the ends of all the fibre optic cables.

It only needs one bad cable to effect the whole network.

Hi Dave

But i want to ask - if I fail to upgrade software version H002 - does it "brick" the QSS machine?

Cause now - i am going to delete the whole QSS again. 

I

4 minutes ago, Charlescheng said:

Hi Dave

But i want to ask - if I fail to upgrade software version H002 - does it "brick" the QSS machine?

Cause now - i am going to delete the whole QSS again. 

It doesn't normally brick the machine. What can sometimes happen if an upgrade fails it will simply ask you to upgrade just that PCB.

The issue you are having is not related to the PC software side of things, it is purely down to the fibre optic network not communicating properly.

14 minutes ago, Dave S said:

I

It doesn't normally brick the machine. What can sometimes happen if an upgrade fails it will simply ask you to upgrade just that PCB.

The issue you are having is not related to the PC software side of things, it is purely down to the fibre optic network not communicating properly.

Thank you. 

i just dont know where to start. After this H002 version - it became disaster for me. 

Dunno how to start and where to start - unplugged the memory module as adviced - confirmed them this time round.

Just fibre cable... i have cut the 1 from image processing pcb to arcnet hub. but during software update now (H002) -

Restarted the pc - touched the fibre cable again - (processor was abnormal terminating) - (processor is now 1%)

how can one clean the slot inside the fibre holes? 

Edited by Charlescheng
21 minutes ago, Dave S said:

I

Just out of curiosity -

can they release the H002 software - to "Certain 3101's" or the software should be compatible with all qss 3101? Right?

6 minutes ago, Dave S said:

No, all the QSS-3101 software is compatible with every QSS-3101.

The fact it it starting to upgrade and then fails tells me the software is correct, but the fibre optic (ARCNET) communication is poor. If there was a problem with the software it would not attempt to start the upgrade.

Thank you

But image processing pcb + image correction + special correction (abnormal termination)..  

what can i do now? it the image processing pcb i assume

aaa.JPG

Check the fibre optic connections on the image processing PCB, try connecting directly to the back of the PC rather than going to the hub, there should be some spare ports on the ARCNET PCI card.

Check the RAM has been property inserted on the image processing PCB.

Make sure all the power cables have been connected.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, Dave S said:

Check the fibre optic connections on the image processing PCB, try connecting directly to the back of the PC rather than going to the hub, there should be some spare ports on the ARCNET PCI card.

Check the RAM has been property inserted on the image processing PCB.

Make sure all the power cables have been connected.

Hi Dave S and Minilab Service

Trust you are well

First i would like to thank you for all the input you have provided - 

H001 software worked on the Qss3101 - Unlike what i heard - he advice i might "bricked" QSS - due to software issue. 

I have cut the fiber cable to the image processing pcb - took the whole board out - due to "rubbish" fiber plastic inside the hole;

Cut and Reconnected the fibre cable by the arcnet hub - as the laser pcb (on the software communication section was up and down);

Everything is back to normal now.